Deathrattle is an ability A selection of minions, each with its own ability. From left to right: Divine Shield, Deathrattle, a triggered effect, and Spell Damage. Abilities are special effects, powers, or behaviors found on cards. For spell cards, where the stated effect occurs when the minion Bloodfen Raptor, a simple minion card. A Beast-type minion, it has 3 Attack, 2 Health and a mana cost of 2. Minions are persistent creatures on the battlefield that will fight for their hero. Minion or weapon Garrosh Hellscream ready to attack using an equipped Fiery War Axe For the equip ability, see Equip Weapons are special cards which can be equipped by heroes. Each weapon has an Attack value and a is destroyed Destroying a minion or weapon removes it from play. Only minions currently on the battlefield and weapons that are currently equipped can be destroyed. Discarding a card removes it directly from the player s hand and . Cards with Deathrattle appear with a skull and crossbones when in play.
- Minions may benefit from multiple Deathrattles at the same time. As with all abilities, Deathrattle can be removed from minions with Silences For the card of the same name, see Silence (card). Silence is an ability which removes all current card text, enchantments, and abilities from the targeted minion. It does not remove damage or minion type. .
- Deathrattle effects occur after battle damage has been calculated and minions destroyed. Additional effects caused by damaging spells such as Bane of Doom Bane of Doom Set: Classic Type: Spell Class: Warlock Rarity: Epic Cost: 5 Abilities: Deal damage, Summon Tags: Death-related, Demon-generating, Random Deal 2 damage to a character. If that kills it, summon a random Demon.My will also take place before any Deathrattles.
- Like triggered effects The lightning bolt icon, explicitly indicating a triggered effect Triggered effects are effects that activate in response to specific events. Triggered effects may belong to minions, weapons or spells (in the form of Secrets), as , players cannot choose the targets of Deathrattles. While the developers` policy is to explicitly state when a visible target of a Deathrattle is random Yogg-Saron, arguably the most random card ever released Random effects are effects which include some degree of randomness or RNG (random number generation). Random effects introduce an element of chance into Hearthstone. They can be , this may in some cases be left unstated, in order to simplify the card text.
- As with all death-related effects, Deathrattles only activate when the minion dies while in the battlefield The battlefield (or game board) is where the action takes place, representing the board on which each game is played out. Around the battlefield are various important UI elements, such as each player s hand, deck . Discarding Discard effects are effects which cause the player to discard cards from their hand. Discarded cards are removed from the game, without activating Deathrattles. Discard effects are most commonly found on warlock cards. Discard effects a minion from the hand or removing it from the deck A remove from deck effect causes cards to be removed directly from the player s deck, without entering their hand. Removed cards are taken from the top of the deck, and are revealed to both players. will not activate its Deathrattle.
Sequence of events
- See more: Advanced rulebook While most rules in Hearthstone are fairly easy to ascertain, when several effects, each with their own behaviours, are brought into conflict, things can get a little more complicated. The advanced rulebook offers a comprehensive
Deathrattles and death-related effects take place after damage has been exchanged and minions/weapons have been destroyed and removed from the board. This prevents Deathrattles from acting upon other minions which were destroyed in the same combat. It also prevents several simultaneous events from acting upon consequences of Deathrattles or other triggered events. The same is true for secrets and triggered effects which are activated from death, such as Duplicate Duplicate Set: Naxxramas Type: Spell Class: Mage Rarity: Common Cost: 3 Abilities: Copy, Generate, Secret Tags: Death-related, Triggered effect Secret: When a friendly minion dies, put 2 copies of it into your hand.The one time and Cult Master Cult Master Set: Classic Type: Minion Rarity: Common Cost: 4 Attack: 4 Health: 2 Abilities: Draw cards Tags: Death-related, Triggered effect Whenever one of your other minions dies, draw a card.She may be an evil , which are treated exactly the same as Deathrattles.
Note that all effects triggered from the death of a minion will play out in the order in which they were put into play, regardless of type of effect. For instance, if a mage plays Duplicate Duplicate Set: Naxxramas Type: Spell Class: Mage Rarity: Common Cost: 3 Abilities: Copy, Generate, Secret Tags: Death-related, Triggered effect Secret: When a friendly minion dies, put 2 copies of it into your hand.The one time followed by Abomination Abomination Set: Classic Type: Minion Rarity: Rare Cost: 5 Attack: 4 Health: 4 Abilities: Deal damage, Deathrattle, Taunt Tags: Area of effect Taunt. Deathrattle: Deal 2 damage to ALL characters.Abominations enjoy Fresh Meat and long , and the Abomination is then destroyed on the opponent`s turn Hearthstone takes place in turns. Each turn gives a player the opportunity to act. At the end of each turn, play is passed back to the other player. A round describes one turn for each , the Duplicate will activate before the Abomination`s own Deathrattle; while if the Abomination was played first, its Deathrattle will activate first, followed by the secret. Deathrattles do not gain any special priority.
Note also that when multiple minions are killed simultaneously, their deaths will be resolved one at a time, in the order in which they entered play.
Once all destroyed minions have been removed from the board, each death will be resolved, including the activation of any death-related effects - this includes the minion`s own Deathrattle, triggered effects such as Cult Master, and Secrets such as Duplicate. Resolution takes place one minion at a time, in order in which the minions entered play. As each death is resolved, all eligible triggered events will play out in the order in which the effect entered play, including the minion`s own Deathrattle, Secrets and other effects. Each effect will play out individually and resolve, before the next activates. Once all related effects have played out for the minion, the next simultaneous minion`s death will begin to resolve.
For instance, if a Sylvanas Windrunner Sylvanas Windrunner Set: Hall of Fame Type: Minion Rarity: Legendary Cost: 6 Attack: 5 Health: 5 Abilities: Deathrattle, Take control Tags: Random Deathrattle: Take control of a random enemy minion.Sylvanas was turned into the Banshee attacks another Sylvanas Windrunner, destroying both minions, the Deathrattle of the Sylvanas which was summoned first will take place first, followed by the Deathrattle of the Sylvanas which was summoned second. Order of minion summoning can therefore be extremely significant.
For a more thorough explanation of Deathrattles and their interactions with other effects, see the Advanced rulebook While most rules in Hearthstone are fairly easy to ascertain, when several effects, each with their own behaviours, are brought into conflict, things can get a little more complicated. The advanced rulebook offers a comprehensive .
Cards with Deathrattle
- For Wild format Wild format or Wild is one of Hearthstone s two game formats, the other being Standard format. Wild format appears in game modes in which players are allowed to play decks without the deck restrictions of listings, see Deathrattle/Wild format This page lists all cards with or related to Deathrattle that are available in Wild format. For information on the Deathrattle ability itself, and card lists for Standard format, see Deathrattle. Cards with Deathrattle edit
This section lists all cards which possess or provide Deathrattle.
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Mana Treant Mana Treant Set: Journey to Un Goro Type: Minion Class: Druid Cost: 2 Attack: 2 Health: 2 Abilities: Deathrattle Tags: Mana-related Deathrattle: Gain an empty Mana Crystal.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Mana Treant is||None||Minion||Druid||2||2||2||Deathrattle: Gain an empty Mana Crystal.|
|Backstreet Leper Backstreet Leper Set: Mean Streets of Gadgetzan Type: Minion Rarity: Common Cost: 3 Attack: 3 Health: 1 Abilities: Deal damage, Deathrattle Deathrattle: Deal 2 damage to the enemy hero.Quit playing games with his heart. And||Common||Minion||Any||3||3||1||Deathrattle: Deal 2 damage to the enemy hero.Quit playing games with his heart. And his fingers. And foot. It`s rude.|
|Deadly Fork Deadly Fork Set: One Night in Karazhan Type: Minion Class: Rogue Rarity: Common Cost: 3 Attack: 3 Health: 2 Abilities: Deathrattle, Generate Tags: Weapon-generating Deathrattle: Add a 3/2 weapon to your hand.For a proper setting,||Common||Minion||Rogue||3||3||2||Deathrattle: Add a 3/2 weapon to your hand.For a proper setting, place the deadly fork after the salad fork, but before the dinner fork.|
|Eggnapper Eggnapper Set: Journey to Un Goro Type: Minion Class: Neutral Rarity: Common Cost: 3 Attack: 3 Health: 1 Abilities: Deathrattle, Summon Deathrattle: Summon two 1/1 Raptors.Often misunderstood, it s just that he likes to use the eggs||Common||Minion||Any||3||3||1||Deathrattle: Summon two 1/1 Raptors.Often misunderstood, it`s just that he likes to use the eggs as pillows.|
|Fiery Bat Fiery Bat Set: Whispers of the Old Gods Type: Minion Subtype: Beast Class: Hunter Rarity: Common Cost: 1 Attack: 2 Health: 1 Abilities: Deal damage, Deathrattle Tags: Random Deathrattle: Deal 1 damage to a random||Common||Minion||Beast||Hunter||1||2||1||Deathrattle: Deal 1 damage to a random enemy.He`ll always be our first.|
|Harvest Golem Harvest Golem Set: Classic Type: Minion Subtype: Mech Rarity: Common Cost: 3 Attack: 2 Health: 3 Abilities: Deathrattle, Summon Tags: Mech-generating Deathrattle: Summon a 2/1 Damaged Golem."Overheat threshold exceeded. System failure. Wheat clog in port||Common||Minion||Mech||Any||3||2||3||Deathrattle: Summon a 2/1 Damaged Golem."Overheat threshold exceeded. System failure. Wheat clog in port two. Shutting down."|
|Igneous Elemental Igneous Elemental Set: Journey to Un Goro Type: Minion Subtype: Elemental Class: Neutral Rarity: Common Cost: 3 Attack: 2 Health: 3 Abilities: Deathrattle, Generate Deathrattle: Add two 1/2 Elementals to your hand.We wanted to name him||Common||Minion||Elemental||Any||3||2||3||Deathrattle: Add two 1/2 Elementals to your hand.We wanted to name him "Ingenious Elemental", but he just wasn`t that bright.|
|Infested Tauren Infested Tauren Set: Whispers of the Old Gods Type: Minion Rarity: Common Cost: 4 Attack: 2 Health: 3 Abilities: Deathrattle, Summon, Taunt Taunt. Deathrattle: Summon a 2/2 Slime.The Overmind and the Old Gods are surprisingly||Common||Minion||Any||4||2||3||Taunt. Deathrattle: Summon a 2/2 Slime.The Overmind and the Old Gods are surprisingly similar.|
|Jade Swarmer Jade Swarmer Set: Mean Streets of Gadgetzan Type: Minion Class: Rogue Rarity: Common Cost: 2 Attack: 1 Health: 1 Abilities: Deathrattle, Stealth, Summon Stealth, Deathrattle: Summon a Jade Golem.He s so good at swarming, he can||Common||Minion||Rogue||2||1||1||Stealth, Deathrattle: Summon a Jade Golem.He`s so good at swarming, he can swarm all by himself!|
|Kindly Grandmother Kindly Grandmother Set: One Night in Karazhan Type: Minion Subtype: Beast Class: Hunter Rarity: Common Cost: 2 Attack: 1 Health: 1 Abilities: Deathrattle, Summon Tags: Beast-generating Deathrattle: Summon a 3/2 Big Bad Wolf."Goodness! What… abundant||Common||Minion||Beast||Hunter||2||1||1||Deathrattle: Summon a 3/2 Big Bad Wolf."Goodness! What… abundant drool you have."|
|Leper Gnome Leper Gnome Set: Classic Type: Minion Rarity: Common Cost: 1 Attack: 1 Health: 1 Abilities: Deal damage, Deathrattle Deathrattle: Deal 2 damage to the enemy hero.He really just wants to be your friend, but the||Common||Minion||Any||1||1||1||Deathrattle: Deal 2 damage to the enemy hero.He really just wants to be your friend, but the constant rejection is starting to really get to him.|
|Loot Hoarder Loot Hoarder Set: Classic Type: Minion Rarity: Common Cost: 2 Attack: 2 Health: 1 Abilities: Deathrattle, Draw cards Deathrattle: Draw a card.Always roll need.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Loot Hoarder is a common||Common||Minion||Any||2||2||1||Deathrattle: Draw a card.Always roll need.|
|Mistress of Mixtures Mistress of Mixtures Set: Mean Streets of Gadgetzan Type: Minion Rarity: Common Cost: 1 Attack: 2 Health: 2 Abilities: Deathrattle, Restore Health Tags: Area of effect Deathrattle: Restore 4 Health to each hero.Her favorite mixture||Common||Minion||Any||1||2||2||Deathrattle: Restore 4 Health to each hero.Her favorite mixture is cola and lime.|
|Polluted Hoarder Polluted Hoarder Set: Whispers of the Old Gods Type: Minion Rarity: Common Cost: 4 Attack: 4 Health: 2 Abilities: Deathrattle Tags: Draw cards Deathrattle: Draw a card.Roll ‘greed’ OR THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU.See this||Common||Minion||Any||4||4||2||Deathrattle: Draw a card.Roll ‘greed’ OR THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU.|
|Possessed Villager Possessed Villager Set: Whispers of the Old Gods Type: Minion Class: Warlock Rarity: Common Cost: 1 Attack: 1 Health: 1 Abilities: Deathrattle, Summon Deathrattle: Summon a 1/1 Shadowbeast.It s like a pinata! A lame disgusting horrific||Common||Minion||Warlock||1||1||1||Deathrattle: Summon a 1/1 Shadowbeast.It`s like a pinata! A lame disgusting horrific pinata.|
|Runic Egg Runic Egg Set: One Night in Karazhan Type: Minion Rarity: Common Cost: 1 Attack: 0 Health: 2 Abilities: Deathrattle, Draw cards Deathrattle: Draw a card.Oh man! Runic omelettes are the best!See this card on Hearthpwn||Common||Minion||Any||1||0||2||Deathrattle: Draw a card.Oh man! Runic omelettes are the best!|
|Sated Threshadon Sated Threshadon Set: Journey to Un Goro Type: Minion Subtype: Beast Class: Neutral Rarity: Common Cost: 7 Attack: 5 Health: 7 Abilities: Deathrattle, Summon Tags: Murloc-generating Deathrattle: Summon three 1/1 Murlocs.Bet you can t eat just one||Common||Minion||Beast||Any||7||5||7||Deathrattle: Summon three 1/1 Murlocs.Bet you can`t eat just one murloc!|
|Shaky Zipgunner Shaky Zipgunner Set: Mean Streets of Gadgetzan Type: Minion Class: Hunter Rarity: Common Cost: 3 Attack: 3 Health: 3 Abilities: Deathrattle Tags: Random Deathrattle: Give a random minion in your hand +2/+2.The Grimy Goons can||Common||Minion||Hunter||3||3||3||Deathrattle: Give a random minion in your hand +2/+2.The Grimy Goons can get you any weapon you want but if you want it to not explode you gotta pay extra.|
|Shimmering Tempest Shimmering Tempest Set: Journey to Un Goro Type: Minion Subtype: Elemental Class: Mage Rarity: Common Cost: 2 Attack: 2 Health: 1 Abilities: Deathrattle, Generate Tags: Class-related, Random, Spell-generating Deathrattle: Add a random Mage spell to your||Common||Minion||Elemental||Mage||2||2||1||Deathrattle: Add a random Mage spell to your hand.HATES being summoned for Kirin Tor party lighting.|
|Soul of the Forest Soul of the Forest Set: Classic Type: Spell Class: Druid Rarity: Common Cost: 4 Abilities: Deathrattle, Summon Tags: Area of effect Give your minions "Deathrattle: Summon a 2/2 Treant.""Reforestation" is suddenly a terrifying word.See this||Common||Spell||Druid||4||Give your minions "Deathrattle: Summon a 2/2 Treant.""Reforestation" is suddenly a terrifying word.|
|Southsea Squidface Southsea Squidface Set: Whispers of the Old Gods Type: Minion Subtype: Pirate Class: Rogue Rarity: Common Cost: 4 Attack: 4 Health: 4 Abilities: Deathrattle Tags: Weapon-related Deathrattle: Give your weapon +2 Attack.Quick! Before I drown!||Common||Minion||Pirate||Rogue||4||4||4||Deathrattle: Give your weapon +2 Attack.Quick! Before I drown! Let me sharpen your sword for you.|
|Spawn of N`Zoth Spawn of N Zoth Set: Whispers of the Old Gods Type: Minion Rarity: Common Cost: 3 Attack: 2 Health: 2 Abilities: Deathrattle Tags: Area of effect Deathrattle: Give your minions +1/+1.Who s a cute widdle N Zoth? You||Common||Minion||Any||3||2||2||Deathrattle: Give your minions +1/+1.Who`s a cute widdle N`Zoth? You are! Yes you are! Yes you`re the cutest widdle N`Zoth in the whole world!!!|
|Tentacle of N`Zoth Tentacle of N Zoth Set: Whispers of the Old Gods Type: Minion Rarity: Common Cost: 1 Attack: 1 Health: 1 Abilities: Deal damage, Deathrattle Tags: Area of effect Deathrattle: Deal 1 damage to all minions.Because EVERYDAY||Common||Minion||Any||1||1||1||Deathrattle: Deal 1 damage to all minions.Because EVERYDAY is the Day of the Tentacle of N`zoth.|
Deathrattle: Give a random friendly minion +1/+1.A hero... In a half-shell.
|Volatile Elemental||Common||Minion||Elemental||Any||2||1||1||Deathrattle: Deal 3 damage to a random enemy minion.Currently in an anger management class with Raging Worgen, Grommash Hellscream, and The Angry Chicken. It isn`t helping.|
|Zealous Initiate||Common||Minion||Any||1||1||1||Deathrattle: Give a random friendly minion +1/+1.Ok, Initiate. You need to settle down and do your job. In this case, that means die so someone else can get a minor buff.|
|Abomination Abomination Set: Classic Type: Minion Rarity: Rare Cost: 5 Attack: 4 Health: 4 Abilities: Deal damage, Deathrattle, Taunt Tags: Area of effect Taunt. Deathrattle: Deal 2 damage to ALL characters.Abominations enjoy Fresh Meat and long||Rare||Minion||Any||5||4||4||Taunt. Deathrattle: Deal 2 damage to ALL characters.Abominations enjoy Fresh Meat and long walks on the beach.|
|Ancestral Spirit||Rare||Spell||Shaman||2||Give a minion "Deathrattle: Resummon this minion."It was just a flesh wound.|
|Bomb Squad||Rare||Minion||Any||5||2||2||Battlecry: Deal 5 damage to an enemy minion. Deathrattle: Deal 5 damage to your hero.Please don`t explode! Please don`t explode! Please don`t explode!|
|Corrupted Healbot||Rare||Minion||Mech||Any||5||6||6||Deathrattle: Restore 8 Health to the enemy hero.Not so much "corrupted" as "has terrible aim".|
|Cruel Dinomancer||Rare||Minion||Warlock||6||5||5||Deathrattle: Summon a random minion you discarded this game.As that old saying goes: "you don`t get into dinomancing to make friends."|
|Crystalline Oracle||Rare||Minion||Elemental||Priest||1||1||1||Deathrattle: Copy a card from your opponent`s deck and add it to your hand.Being made of light has its disadvantages, but at least it`s always looking on the bright side.|
|Darkshire Librarian||Rare||Minion||Warlock||2||3||2||Battlecry: Discard a random card. Deathrattle: Draw a card.Do NOT be late with your overdue fines.|
|Devilsaur Egg||Rare||Minion||Any||3||0||3||Deathrattle: Summon a 5/5 Devilsaur.A key ingredient in all discerning Funnel Cake recipes.|
Deathrattle: Shuffle a 6/9 Direhorn with Taunt into your deck.His mom could beat up your mom.
|Infest||Rare||Spell||Hunter||3||Give your minions "Deathrattle: Add a random Beast to your hand."The best part is the look on their face when you jump out of the cake! Err… corpse.|
|Infested Wolf||Rare||Minion||Beast||Hunter||4||3||3||Deathrattle: Summon two 1/1 Spiders.A little flea powder will fix that right up.|
|Journey Below||Rare||Spell||Rogue||1||Discover a Deathrattle card.Don`t stop believing there`s something below.|
|Moat Lurker||Rare||Minion||Any||6||3||3||Battlecry: Destroy a minion. Deathrattle: Resummon it.He really enjoys lurking and gets a lot of job satisfaction out of it.|
|Raptor Hatchling||Rare||Minion||Beast||Hunter||1||2||1||Deathrattle: Shuffle a 4/3 Raptor into your deck.They’re just baby teeth. Lots and lots of baby teeth.|
|Savannah Highmane||Rare||Minion||Beast||Hunter||6||6||5||Deathrattle: Summon two 2/2 Hyenas.In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion gets slowly consumed by hyenas.|
|Selfless Hero||Rare||Minion||Paladin||1||2||1||Deathrattle: Give a random friendly minion Divine Shield."Don`t worry about me… I`ll just be here... under these tentacles."|
|Shifting Shade||Rare||Minion||Priest||4||4||3||Deathrattle: Copy a card from your opponent`s deck and add it to your hand.Yeah, it`s cooler in the shade, but you`re also more likely to get JACKED.|
|Spikeridged Steed||Rare||Spell||Paladin||6||Give a minion +2/+6 and Taunt. When it dies, summon a Stegodon.What beats cavalry? Dinosaur cavalry.|
|Undercity Huckster||Rare||Minion||Rogue||2||2||2||Deathrattle: Add a random class card to your hand (from your opponent`s class).Psst! Wanna buy a random class card (from your opponent`s class)?|
|Giant Anaconda||Epic||Minion||Beast||Druid||7||5||3||Deathrattle: Summon a minion from your hand with 5 or more Attack.Must be something it ate.|
|Hammer of Twilight||Epic||Weapon||Shaman||5||4||2||Deathrattle: Summon a 4/2 Elemental.Stop! It`s Twlight Hammer time.|
|Meanstreet Marshal||Epic||Minion||Paladin||1||1||2||Deathrattle: If this minion has 2 or more Attack, draw a card.Remember, submit your bribes directly to the Marshal - it`s the law!|
|Primalfin Champion||Epic||Minion||Murloc||Paladin||2||1||2||Deathrattle: Return any spells you cast on this minion to your hand.Sure, he`ll return your stuff. OVER HIS DEAD BODY!|
|Rat Pack||Epic||Minion||Beast||Hunter||3||2||2||Deathrattle: Summon a number of 1/1 Rats equal to this minion`s Attack.He`s gonna do it his way.|
|Spirit Echo||Epic||Spell||Shaman||4||Give your minions "Deathrattle: Return this to your hand."I guess you can say they’re… “soul survivors.”|
|Tentacles for Arms||Epic||Weapon||Warrior||5||2||2||Deathrattle: Return this to your hand.That`s right. Garrosh just slapped you to death with a tentacle.|
|Twilight Summoner||Epic||Minion||Any||4||1||1||Deathrattle: Summon a 5/5 Faceless Destroyer.If you strike him down, he shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.|
|Weasel Tunneler||Epic||Minion||Beast||Any||1||1||1||Deathrattle: Shuffle this minion into your opponent`s deck.He`s the reason the First Bank of Gadgetzan has steel floors.|
|Anomalus||Legendary||Minion||Elemental||Mage||8||8||6||Deathrattle: Deal 8 damage to all minions.That`s short for "Anomnomnomnomalus".|
|Aya Blackpaw||Legendary||Minion||Druid, Rogue, Shaman||6||5||3||Battlecry and Deathrattle: Summon a Jade Golem.Though young, Aya took over as the leader of Jade Lotus through her charisma and strategic acumen when her predecessor was accidentally crushed by a jade golem.|
|Bloodmage Thalnos||Legendary||Minion||Any||2||1||1||Spell Damage +1. Deathrattle: Draw a card.He`s in charge of the Annual Scarlet Monastery Blood Drive!|
|Cairne Bloodhoof||Legendary||Minion||Any||6||4||5||Deathrattle: Summon a 4/5 Baine Bloodhoof.Cairne was killed by Garrosh, so... don`t put this guy in a Warrior deck. It`s pretty insensitive.|
|Deathwing, Dragonlord||Legendary||Minion||Dragon||Any||10||12||12||Deathrattle: Put all Dragons from your hand into the battlefield.To his credit, Deathwing really took to heart the feedback he was receiving that he needed to be "more of a team player".|
|Pyros||Legendary||Minion||Elemental||Mage||2||2||2||Deathrattle: Return this to your hand as a 6/6 that cost (6).If you strike her down, she shall become more powerful than you can possibly… well, she`ll become a 6/6 anyways.|
|Pyros||Legendary||Minion||Elemental||Mage||6||6||6||Deathrattle:Return this to your hand as a 10/10 that costs (10).|
|Sherazin, Corpse Flower||Legendary||Minion||Rogue||4||5||3||Deathrattle: Go dormant. Play 4 cards in a turn to revive this minion.A Tortollan gardener`s worst nightmare.|
|Sylvanas Windrunner Sylvanas Windrunner Set: Hall of Fame Type: Minion Rarity: Legendary Cost: 6 Attack: 5 Health: 5 Abilities: Deathrattle, Take control Tags: Random Deathrattle: Take control of a random enemy minion.Sylvanas was turned into the Banshee||Legendary||Minion||Any||6||5||5||Deathrattle: Take control of a random enemy minion.Sylvanas was turned into the Banshee Queen by Arthas, but he probably should have just killed her because it just pissed her off.|
|The Beast||Legendary||Minion||Beast||Any||6||9||7||Deathrattle: Summon a 3/3 Finkle Einhorn for your opponent.He lives in Blackrock Mountain. He eats Gnomes. That`s pretty much it.|
|Tirion Fordring||Legendary||Minion||Paladin||8||6||6||Divine Shield. Taunt. Deathrattle: Equip a 5/3 Ashbringer.If you haven`t heard the Tirion Fordring theme song, it`s because it doesn`t exist.|
Deathrattle: Shuffle `The Storm Guardian` into your deck.My life for Aya!
|Xaril, Poisoned Mind||Legendary||Minion||Rogue||4||3||2||Battlecry and Deathrattle: Add a random Toxin card to your hand.It`s basically your own fault if you go around drinking weird green potions handed out by creepy mantid dudes.|
|Showing all 67 cards|
- Every possible target on the board for the spell or Ability.
- To be on the offensive either by attacking an opponents card or your opponent himself/herself
- There are a group of common keywords that are used on multiple cards that are collectively called abilities. They can for example specify when the action will happen, or how. These keywords are written in bold on the cards.
- Aggro Deck
- See Area of Effect
- Arcane Dust
- The ingredient used to craft new Hearthstone cards. Can only be obtained in two ways: as a reward for doing Arena or through Disenchanting an existing card in your possession. Crafting costs depend on the rarity of a card and whether it is Golden or not.
- Common - 40 Dust
- Golden Common - 400 Dust
- Rare - 100 Dust
- Golden Rare - 800 Dust
- Epic - 400 Dust
- Golden Epic - 1600 Dust
- Legendary - 1600 Dust
- Golden Legendary - 3200 Dust
- A Hearthstone game mode. In this mode, players can choose to either pay 150 Gold or real money ($1.99/⅁1.49/⃢₂ⅹ1.79) to enter. In Arena, you are given a random draft of three classes to pick then must pick cards individually out of a choice of three cards until you have completed your deck. Unlike Constructed, there is no limit to how many copies of the same card you may possess in your deck.
- In an Arena run, you compete against other players to win as many games as possible. An Arena run will end when you either win twelve times, retire, or lose three times. Winning Arena games will upgrade the key in your possession, which will improve the spoils (You will receive five boxes of rewards, each having a chance to contain Gold, Arcane Dust or a Pack). You are always guaranteed to get a pack of cards, but if you do well enough it is possible to get two. Generally speaking, a Diamond Key (7 wins or above) is usually required to earn back the Arena entry fee in Gold while a Lightforge Key (12 wins) will earn you the greatest possible reward.
- Area of Effect
- Spells or attacks that affect more than a single target and either specifies a certain general area or an area emanating from a source point.
- A resource similar to Health, that can be gained through the hero powers Armor Up! and Shapeshift, or spells like Shield Block, Ice Barrier and Bite. Armor gets removed before Health when taking damage, but you lose the game if your Health drops to 0 even if you manage to gain some Armor after taking the damage.
- Attack Power
- The attack power of a minion is the amount of damage it can do on each attack.
- An ability that is triggered immediately, when a minion is summoned.
- Powers and cards played with the purpose of lowering the health of the enemy hero, disregarding board control.
- A character is either your hero₠or any minion on the battlefield.
- This Ability lets a minion attack during the turn it is summoned.
- Choose One
- This Ability gives you the option to choose between two spell effects when playing a spell, or between two minion Battlecry effects when playing a minion. This ability is associated with the Druid class.
- A card with the ability Combo gets the ability triggered it if is not the first card that is played that turn, i.e. it is played in a combo with another card. Playing The Coin does trigger the Combo ability. Hero Power does not enable Combo. This ability is associated with the Rogue class.
- Refers to any Hearthstone game mode in which the player is allowed to use decks they have built from their own card collection. In any constructed deck, the player is allowed a maximum of two of each common/rare/epic card and a maximum of one of each legendary card.
- Control Deck
- A deck that aims to win through board control. Usually these type of decks have high emphasis on removal spells and lack burn damage. Most notable archetypes are Handlock Control Warrior and Control Priest.
- A card that is given to the player who is going second at the start of the match. It grants the player 1 extra Mana Crystal for one turn only when they use it.
- Ability that is triggered when the minion dies.
- The set of 30 cards that player uses in a game of Hearthstone. Player draws one card from the deck each turn until there are no cards left, after which the player will be Fatigued
- Remove a minion from the board. There is no damage dealt so Divine Shield is ignored.
- When a Discover ability is activated player is presented with three random cards to choose from and to take into one`s hand.
- Disenchanting cards will give you Arcane Dust. It`s good to use when you have many duplicates. Rarer cards provide more Arcane Dust. Basic cards cannot be disenchanted.
- Common - 5 Dust
- Golden Common - 50 Dust
- Rare - 20 Dust
- Golden Rare - 100 Dust
- Epic - 100 Dust
- Golden Epic - 400 Dust
- Legendary - 400 Dust
- Golden Legendary - 1600 Dust
- Divine Shield
- Absorbs one attack or spell/effect that deals damage before the minion itself takes any damage.
- Dream Cards
- Cards that a player draws at the end of each turn while having Ysera on the board.
- Number of times a hero can attack with a weapon before it is destroyed.
- This Ability is triggered when a minion takes damage.
- Fast decks
- Typically all-out decks that play many small aggressive minions, trying to close out the game as early as possible, leading to fast victories or defeats.
- When you are out of remaining cards in your deck and the start of your turn or a card effect makes you draw a card, you take fatigue damage. The first time you`re out of cards, it`s 1 damage, the second time, it`s 2 damage, and so on until you or your opponent is dead.
- Cannot attack for one turn, Hero abilities can still be used (although Rogues and Druids would be unable to attack with said Hero abilities.
- Gold is the in-game currency. It cannot be directly purchased, but is instead won through arena matches and/or playing in matchmade constructed games.
- The amount of life a card or hero has left before it is discarded or, in the case of a hero, loses the game.
- Hit Points (HP)
- See Health
- Everything is ineffective and damage cannot be inflicted to you.
- An effect that activates when the owner of the minion uses a Hero Power.
- Mana is used to play cards. Your current mana is displayed in the bottom right of the screen. Each card requires a certain amount of mana to be summoned. You start with one Mana; at the start of each player`s turn mana is fully restored and the mana pool gets increased by one until both players have 10 Mana. Certain cards can increase a player`s mana pool.
- Medals were an early ranking system in Hearthstone. Players started at Apprentice and based on their ladder performance in ranked games could work their way up to a higher medal. You did not lose Medals for losing games. This system was replaced with the current ladder system before launch.
- Mill Deck
- Milling is the act of flooding your opponent`s hand, making him discard cards due to drawing over the 10 card limit.
- Minion is a character with health and attack values that players summon to the board by playing minion cards or certain spells such as Feral Spirit
- To mulligan a card is to discard it from your initial hand and draw a replacement from the remaining deck. You are allowed to mulligan as many cards as you want from your initial draw, but this can only be done before turn 1.
- Murloc Deck
- Deck that focuses on Murlocs. One of the most aggressive decks in the game. Most commonly used by warlocks, since they can use Life Tap to draw a lot of cards to keep the aggression going. Very susceptible to Area of Effect.
- One Turn Kill
- A combination of cards that leads to killing an opponent in one turn.
- See One Turn Kill
- Reduces the amount of mana a player can use the next turn.
- Hearthstone cards are purchased in packs. Each pack has five cards in them, at least one of them being Rare or of higher rarity. Packs may also contain Golden cards or multiples of same card. Packs are earned as rewards or can be bought from the in-game store.
- Plain Card
- A plain card is a minion which has no text on it, ie. it only has Mana Cost, Attack Power, and Hit Points.
- See Attack Power
- The act of playing cards that add mana crystals to your mana pool in order to play high mana creatures faster than your opponent. This includes cards that increase your mana pool temporarily (The Coin and Innervate) or permanently (Wild Growth, Nourish).
- In order from least rare to most rare: Common(White), Rare(Blue), Epic(Purple), Legendary(Orange). Although it mainly determines how uncommon certain cards would appear in a Pack, it also determines the crafting cost (in Arcane Dust) of a card. Rarity does not necessarily correlate to power.
- A term applied to cards that deal damage or Destroy one or more minions on the turn they are played.
- A Spell that is triggered when a certain action occurs (ex. attacking an enemy minion). The identity of a secret is hidden from the opponent until it is triggered, portrayed only as question mark graphic above the casting hero`s portrait.
- This Ability removes any effects (ex. +1/+1, taunt) from the chosen target(s). This does not remove spells like Hex or Polymorph that turn the creature into something else, although it would remove the taunt from the Hexed creature. Casting silence on a creature that is silenced already does not remove the first silence. You can use silence on your own creatures however to remove enemy spells such as Humility that negatively affect your minions.
- Slow decks
- Decks that try to stall out the game until high mana turns where they can bring out impactful minions like Ancient of War, Ysera and Ragnaros.
- Cards that belong to the Basic set. They cannot be disenchanted and are available for all players. Also Reward cards belong to this category.
- Spell Damage
- Each point of Spell Damage makes spells deal one additional damage. It also applies to some spells like Shadowflame and healing spells with Auchenai Soulpriest.
- Standard Format
- A type of game mode where only the recent 2 years of Hearthstone cards can be used. Classic and Basic cards are always usable in Standard.
After coming out of Standard rotation, cards are classed as Wild
- This Ability makes a minion untargetable by attacks or targeted spells/effects. They still take damage from Area of Effect spells/effects, and can still be hit from spells that hit a random target. They can also be hit by spells that target adjacent minions. An Explosive Shot that targets a minion will still do 2 damage to the stealthed minion next to it. Stealth is removed after the minion attacks.
- A Minion category that generally has synergies within its type and with some spells (example Timber Wolf and Kill Command). Currently, there are seven subtypes: Beast, Dragon, Demon, Mech, Murloc, Pirate and Totem.
- This Ability forces enemy characters to attack this minion before any other minion without taunt or your hero. If there are multiple minions with taunt you can choose which of them to attack.
- To be determined - Something yet to be determined such as tournament participants, or release date. In terms of release dates, TBA (To be announced) can also be used.
- A general concept used not only in TCGs but also in other strategy games such as Chess and Starcraft that refers to who has the initiative in a game. If, for example, both players play some minions but yours can attack first, you are said to have tempo.
- Tempo Deck
- A deck designed to gain the initiative in a game, often through a lower Mana Curve, cards holding significant Value relative to their Mana cost, and a healthy dose of Control options. Not to be confused with a Rush Deck which will often aim to win the game outright in a short number of turns with a tiny Mana Curve.
- A card that is summoned by another card, such as Violet Apprentice, Gnoll, Silver Hand Recruit and Wicked Knife.
- Token Deck
- A deck that floods the board with small, weak minions using cards like Violet Teacher, Haunted Creeper or Muster for Battle to get high value from buffs such as Power of the Wild, Bloodlust, Hobgoblin and Savage Roar.
- Drawing a powerful card that turns the game around in your favor while faced with a major card disadvantage (i.e. either having no or very few cards on your hand or in play) compared to your opponent. A term often used in other card games (particularly YuGiOh where some deck archetypes were notorious for top-decking.)
- See Subtype
- Value can be defined in two different ways:
- 1. By the effects and stats of a card relative to its Mana and Card cost (if applicable.) For example, Novice Engineer is deemed to be a valuable card due to its "Draw a card" Battlecry, Knife Juggler can potentially provide great value each time you play a minion and the Dark Iron Dwarf is deemed very valuable for a 4 Mana 4/4 due to its Battlecry which grants an additional 2 Attack to a minion.
- 2. A metric used to describe the efficiency of a certain play. For example, the act of eliminating a Bluegill Warrior with an Elven Archer`s Battlecry can be deemed valuable both in terms of card advantage and Mana cost due to a 1 Mana 1/1 minion eliminating a 2 Mana 2/1 Charge minion with only its Battlecry (meaning the attacker who played the Archer did not lose the minion in the process.)
- This Ability allows a minion to attack twice in one turn.
- Wild Format (game type)
- A game type that allows any card in Hearthstone to be used in a deck. Standard decks are allowed, but not the other way round. See Standard Format above for information.