- ⃢₀₃"Your host, the great magus Medivh, invites you back to party down - with me!"
- ⃢₀₃"Come inside... Meet your friends at the door. We`ve got a feast like you`ve never seen before. Shake your stuff to our musical beat. Play life-size chess, but don`t you dare cheat! Most of all, throw your worries away. Dive right in - you`ll never be the same! This is the place of funky magical phenomena. Anything goes - for one night, in Karazhan!"
One Night in Karazhan (Karazhan, Kara, ONiK) is the fourth adventure for Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. Featuring 45 new collectible Collectible cards are cards which are available for players to collect and use in their decks. The majority of all playable cards are collectible cards. Players can view their collectible card collection through the collection cards, the adventure was released Aug. 11, 2016.
The adventure is set in the reimagined glory days of the mystical tower of Karazhan, when a young Medivh "The Kirin Tor will tell you that mastering the magical arts is like learning the rules of a game. Fools. True power is taken by those brave enough to break boundaries. I am Medivh, the was not only the Guardian of Azeroth, but also its most eligible bachelor. After earning the admiration of all through foiling the schemes of the fiendish Arch-Thief Rafaam, emerging triumphant from the Grand Tournament "From east to west, heroes are sent, seeking glory in the greatest of events... there are knights on noble steeds; those who will bring them to their knees; there are monsters to test their mettle , and resisting even the whispers of the Old Gods "Now I ve got a tale to tell you... of the ones from long ago. There s an evil that s been dreaming, but now it s softly screaming! From the darkness their power will grow. Their voices are themselves, the player is invited to a magical one night-only party that is sure to be talked about for centuries. Be that as it may, upon arriving, the player finds Medivh missing, and the tower`s magical enchantments run amok, turning delightful tricks into deadly traps. It`s up to the player to find Medivh, restore order to the crazed tower, and save the day - just in time for the tower`s big night.
The adventure featuresSpecial attraction 13 bosses, spread across four wings (plus an introductory encounter), as well as a more challenging Heroic mode, and 9 Class Challenges Choosing an adventure Game formats Each Standard year, any adventures released prior to the previous calendar year are marked as Wild format. The adventures are removed from the Shop, and players will be unable to . The introductory wing is available to all players for free, with the others purchasable for gold The gold counter, found in the bottom right corner of most menu screens Gold is a type of in-game currency that can be exchanged for card packs, or entry into either Arena or Heroic Tavern or real money. The first wing and prologue of the adventure were unlocked on Aug. 11, with one wing unlocked each week thereafter.
All data for the patch was added with Patch 184.108.40.20621, on Aug. 9, 2016.
For general information on adventures, see Adventure Choosing an adventure Game formats Each Standard year, any adventures released prior to the previous calendar year are marked as Wild format. The adventures are removed from the Shop, and players will be unable to .
- One Night in Karazhan comprises 4 wings Choosing an adventure Game formats Each Standard year, any adventures released prior to the previous calendar year are marked as Wild format. The adventures are removed from the Shop, and players will be unable to (excluding the prologue), with 13 boss Bosses are unique computer-controlled heroes encountered in adventures, the tutorial, and some Tavern Brawls. Each boss presents a unique encounter, featuring their own Hero Power and decks. Bosses use a combination of regular cards and encounters in total
- Defeating each encounter for the first time will award 2 copies each of two new cards, which may be neutral or class-specific
- Completing each wing for the first time will award copies of two or three new cards, including single copies of at least one legendary Rarity is a rough measure of the quality and scarcity of a card. Cards of higher rarity are typically more powerful and more useful, but are harder to find and more expensive to craft. There card corresponding to that wing
- The adventure features 9 Class Challenges Choosing an adventure Game formats Each Standard year, any adventures released prior to the previous calendar year are marked as Wild format. The adventures are removed from the Shop, and players will be unable to , one for each class
- Completing a Class Challenge will award 2 copies of a new class card
- Class Challenges can be unlocked through completing wings
- The adventure has both Normal Choosing an adventure Game formats Each Standard year, any adventures released prior to the previous calendar year are marked as Wild format. The adventures are removed from the Shop, and players will be unable to and Heroic Choosing an adventure Game formats Each Standard year, any adventures released prior to the previous calendar year are marked as Wild format. The adventures are removed from the Shop, and players will be unable to modes, with the latter featuring "immensely difficult" versions of the same bosses
- Defeating all Heroic bosses will award a special card back The Collection s Card Backs tab Some of the game s card backs Card backs are a featureSpecial attraction which allows players to replace the standard design on the reverse of their cards with alternate designs. Players can (see below)
The below table summarizes the structure of the adventure, with bosses matched with their corresponding rewards. The placement of the Class Challenge sections indicate which boss features in each Challenge, as well as which wing must be completed in order to unlock it. The "Dust value" column shows the amount of Arcane Dust the cards in that wing will produce if disenchanted Crafting mode, in Standard format mode The crafting system is an element of Hearthstone that allows players to directly create new cards. It can be accessed through the My Collection screen. Crafting consumes Arcane Dust . For deck listings and strategy for Class Challenges, see One Night in Karazhan Class Challenges Choosing a Class Challenge One Night in Karazhan features nine class-specific Class Challenges, with each offering a new and more difficult twist on the adventure s encounters, tailored to that class. Class Challenges use predetermined decks, .
- Each wing of the adventure must be purchased before it can be played. The introductory encounter is free for all players.
- Players must have unlocked all 9 classes in order to access the adventure.
- Unlike other adventures there was no pre-purchase option. Instead, players were awarded a special card back if purchasing the whole adventure during the first week following its release. This included purchasing the entire adventure using real money, or purchasing The Parlor using gold The gold counter, found in the bottom right corner of most menu screens Gold is a type of in-game currency that can be exchanged for card packs, or entry into either Arena or Heroic Tavern and then purchasing the rest using real money.
Players can purchase wings using either gold The gold counter, found in the bottom right corner of most menu screens Gold is a type of in-game currency that can be exchanged for card packs, or entry into either Arena or Heroic Tavern or real money. A discount is if purchasing the entire adventure at one time using real money. "Bundle" discounts are also offered if purchasing all remaining locked wings at one time using real money.
Note while players can purchase a variable number of wings, all options above a single wing involve buying all remaining wings. For instance, it is not possible to use real money to purchase the first 3 wings, and then buy the final wing later; in order to buy multiple wings using real money, the player must buy all remaining wings. It is however possible to buy individual wings, and later buy all remaining wings at once.
The following prices are for PC/Mac/Android. IOS prices may differ.
Some of these prices changed on Mar. 22, 2017.
|All 4 wings||$19.99||17.99€||₣13.99||$24.99||R$44,90||999₽||$259|
|Individual wings||$6.99||5.99€||₣4.99||$8.99||R$15,90||329₽||$89||700 gold|
The adventure features 45 new collectible Collectible cards are cards which are available for players to collect and use in their decks. The majority of all playable cards are collectible cards. Players can view their collectible card collection through the collection cards, including 18 neutral cards and 27 class cards (3 for each class), as well as 12 uncollectible cards. One Night in Karazhan cards can be recognised by a special watermark (depicting a tower) behind the card text, not found on other cards.
Regular versions of the cards can be obtained through beating bosses, completing wings, and defeating Class Challenges. Once the regular version of a card has been obtained, both regular and golden versions can be crafted and disenchanted for the usual amounts.
As each wing is released, all cards from that wing are made available for selection in the Arena, regardless of whether the player has purchased or completed the corresponding wing.
Boss cards and Hero Powers
- See more: One Night in Karazhan boss cards
In addition to the playable cards listed above, One Night in Karazhan brings around 100 unique cards and Hero Powers available only during the adventure`s boss encounters. For a full list, see One Night in Karazhan boss cards.
All matches within the adventure are played on the Karazhan battlefield. Unlike past battlefields, this one was not initially exclusive to the adventure, but was available for general play as soon as the patch was released.
There are three card backs related to the adventure. Two are obtained through the adventure itself: one from defeating all bosses in Heroic mode, and one as reward for purchasing all wings within one week of the adventure`s release. The third card back was obtained by achieving Rank 20 in the Aug. 2016 Ranked Season.
One Night in Karazhan features a number of themes. Most reflect elements within the adventure`s storyline, as well as bringing new gameplay trends.
The adventure introduces a handful of spell synergy cards. This type of synergy had been featured in previous sets, but never in such a large portion of the set`s cards.
- Arcane Anomaly Arcane Anomaly Set: One Night in Karazhan Type: Minion Subtype: Elemental Rarity: Common Cost: 1 Attack: 2 Health: 1 Tags: Spell-related, Triggered effect Whenever you cast a spell, give this minion +1 Health.He used to
- Arcane Giant
- Babbling Book
- Ivory Knight Ivory Knight Set: One Night in Karazhan Type: Minion Class: Paladin Rarity: Rare Cost: 6 Attack: 4 Health: 4 Abilities: Battlecry, Discover, Restore Health Tags: Cost-related, Spell-generating Battlecry: Discover a spell. Restore Health to your
- Priest of the Feast Priest of the Feast Set: One Night in Karazhan Type: Minion Class: Priest Rarity: Common Cost: 4 Attack: 3 Health: 6 Abilities: Restore Health Tags: Spell-related, Triggered effect Whenever you cast a spell, restore 3
- Wicked Witchdoctor
- Medivh, the Guardian (Atiesh)
Also, there are some of them that have synergy with a specific type of spells: the Secrets.
Similarly to previous Hearthstone Adventures players have to undertake series of single player missions in games that feature creatures of Karazhan, custom rules and new cards. Completing a wing rewards players with a Legendary card and unlocks class challenges.
In One Night in Karazhan players have four wings of three challenges to complete in addition to the free prologue mission.
|Prince Malchezaar||Enchanted Raven and Firelands Portal|
|Silverware Golem||Silverware Golem and Deadly Fork|
|Magic Mirror||Arcane Anomaly and Pantry Spider|
|Chess||Ivory Knight and Protect the King!|
Players who defeat all bosses in The Parlor earn two copies of Cloaked Huntress and Arcanosmith and the Legendary card Moroes. It also unlocks Priest and Shaman Class Challenges.
|Julianne||Pompous Thespian and Onyx Bishop|
|Big Bad Wolf||Kindly Grandmother and Arcane Giant|
|The Crone||Wicked Witchdoctor and Moat Lurker|
Players who have defeated the Opera wing receive two copies of Swashburglar and a copy of the Legendary card Barnes, they also have access to the Warlock and Paladin Class Challenges.
|Curator||Zoobot and Menagerie Warden|
|Nightbane||Nightbane Templar and Runic Egg|
|Terestian Illhoof||Purify and Avian Watcher|
Players who defeat The Menagerie challenges obtain two copies of Menagerie Magician and the Legendary card The Curator. Defeating this wing also opens Hunter, Mage and Warrior Class Challenges.
|Shade of Aran||Medivh`s Valet and Spirit Claws|
|Netherspite||Netherspite Historian and Book Wyrm|
|Free Medivh!||Malchezaar`s Imp and Ironforge Portal|
Completing The Spire means player has defeated the entire One Night in Karazhan Hearthstone Adventure. Rewards for this are two copies of Violet Illusionist and two Legendary cards, Prince Malchezaar and Medivh, the Guardian. It also unlocks the final two Class Challenges, Rogue and Druid.
|Priest||Silverware Golem||Priest of the Feast|
|Shaman||Magic Mirror||Maelstrom Portal|
|Paladin||Big Bad Wolf||Silvermoon Portal|
|Warrior||Terestian Illhoof||Fool`s Bane|
|Rogue||Shade of Aran||Ethereal Peddler|