Stealth is a minion Bloodfen Raptor, a simple minion card. A Beast-type minion, it has 3 Attack, 2 Health and a mana cost of 2. Minions are persistent creatures on the battlefield that will fight for their hero. Minion ability A selection of minions, each with its own ability. From left to right: Divine Shield, Deathrattle, a triggered effect, and Spell Damage. Abilities are special effects, powers, or behaviors found on cards. For spell cards, which prevents that minion from being the target of enemy attacks, spells Fireball, a simple mage spell. It costs 4 mana, dealing 6 damage to a chosen target. Spell cards are cards that can be played to trigger a one time effect or ability, described in the and effects until they attack or deal damage. They can, be that as it may, be the target of area of effect Area of effect (AoE) is the term for an effect which affects all characters of the specified type. Common targets for AoEs include all enemy minions, all minions, and all characters. AoE is defined in spells and abilities or those that have random Yogg-Saron, arguably the most random card ever released Random effects are effects which include some degree of randomness or RNG (random number generation). Random effects introduce an element of chance into Hearthstone. They can be targets, as well as spells and effects generated by their owner. Stealth is removed from a minion when it deals damage in any way, including by attacking, by retaliating against a (randomly targeting) attacker, or via a triggered ability.
Stealth is very effective for protecting minions from enemy attack. Be that as it may, as the Stealthed minion is unable to attack or deal damage without losing the effect, Stealth`s value is largely strategic. A minion which simply stays in Stealth is generally of little use to its owner, unless it offers a useful triggered The lightning bolt icon, explicitly indicating a triggered effect Triggered effects are effects that activate in response to specific events. Triggered effects may belong to minions, weapons or spells (in the form of Secrets), as or ongoing effect The welling of light indicating an ongoing effect Ongoing effects are minion, weapon, and boss Hero Power abilities which grant special effects on an ongoing basis. Ongoing effects are often referred to as auras, particularly , in which case remaining in Stealth can be extremely desirable, especially as these minions are often high priority soft taunts The shield-like Taunt visual effect Taunt is a minion ability which forces the opposing player to direct any melee attacks toward enemy targets with this ability. Minions with Taunt (commonly referred to as Taunts) serve .
Much of Stealth`s value often lies in keeping the minion hidden until it is ready to attack; in a sense a substitute for a Charge For the card of the same name, see Charge (card) Charge is an ability allowing a minion to attack the same turn it is summoned. Charge is available to all classes, but is most strongly minion, played the following turn. Stealth minions can offer a similar level of unstoppable damage, although they can still be removed with random Yogg-Saron, arguably the most random card ever released Random effects are effects which include some degree of randomness or RNG (random number generation). Random effects introduce an element of chance into Hearthstone. They can be target or AoE Area of effect (AoE) is the term for an effect which affects all characters of the specified type. Common targets for AoEs include all enemy minions, all minions, and all characters. AoE is defined in effects. In exchange, Stealth minions offer synergy with triggered effects and Battlecries, allowing the player to build them up before bringing them out of the shadows.
Stealth is almost exclusively found as a part of minion card text, meaning that minions either come with Stealth, or do not. Be that as it may, the Spare Part "What’s better than a Chillwind Yeti? A Chillwind Yeti wielding Whirling Blades!" 1] Spare Parts are uncollectible spell cards generated by certain cards in the Goblins vs Gnomes set. There are 7 different Spare Parts. Finicky Cloakfield Finicky Cloakfield Set: Goblins vs Gnomes Type: Spell Cost: 1 Abilities: Stealth Give a friendly minion Stealth until your next turn.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Finicky Cloakfield is an uncollectible neutral spell card, and the Rogue cards Conceal Conceal Set: Hall of Fame Type: Spell Class: Rogue Rarity: Common Cost: 1 Abilities: Stealth Tags: Area of effect Give your minions Stealth until your next turn.Rogues conceal everything but their emotions. You can t get , Master of Disguise Master of Disguise Set: Classic Type: Minion Class: Rogue Rarity: Rare Cost: 4 Attack: 4 Health: 4 Abilities: Battlecry, Stealth Battlecry: Give a friendly minion Stealth until your next turn.She s actually a male tauren. People , and Fadeleaf Toxin Fadeleaf Toxin Set: Whispers of the Old Gods Type: Spell Class: Rogue Cost: 1 Abilities: Stealth Give a friendly minion Stealth until your next turn.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Fadeleaf Toxin is an from Xaril, Poisoned Mind Xaril, Poisoned Mind Set: Whispers of the Old Gods Type: Minion Class: Rogue Rarity: Legendary Cost: 4 Attack: 3 Health: 2 Abilities: Battlecry, Deathrattle, Generate Tags: Random, Spell-generating Battlecry and Deathrattle: Add a random Toxin can be used to grant Stealth temporarily.
- Minions in Stealth cannot be directly targeted by the opponent in any way. This includes Battlecry Battlecry is an ability where a particular effect activates when the card with the Battlecry is played directly from the hand. Although mostly limited to minions, some weapons also have Battlecries. Activation of Battlecries are effects from enemy minions.
- Minions in Stealth can still be directly targeted by the controlling player. For instance, a Voodoo Doctor Voodoo Doctor Set: Basic Type: Minion Cost: 1 Attack: 2 Health: 1 Abilities: Battlecry, Restore Health Battlecry: Restore 2 Health.Voodoo is an oft-misunderstood art. But it is art.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Voodoo can be used to heal a friendly Stealthed minion that has been damaged by AoE Area of effect (AoE) is the term for an effect which affects all characters of the specified type. Common targets for AoEs include all enemy minions, all minions, and all characters. AoE is defined in , or a Shattered Sun Cleric Shattered Sun Cleric Set: Basic Type: Minion Cost: 3 Attack: 3 Health: 2 Abilities: Battlecry Battlecry: Give a friendly minion +1/+1.They always have a spare flask of Sunwell Energy Drink™!See this card on Hearthpwn data can be used to buff it.
- If a Stealthed minion attacks or deals any kind of damage, it will lose Stealth. This includes passive effects such as that of Knife Juggler Knife Juggler Set: Classic Type: Minion Rarity: Rare Cost: 2 Attack: 2 Health: 2 Abilities: Deal damage Tags: Random, Summoning-related, Triggered effect After you summon a minion, deal 1 damage to a random enemy.Ambitious Knife , and dealing combat damage in exchange, such as when being struck by a clumsy minion such as Ogre Brute Ogre Brute Set: Goblins vs Gnomes Type: Minion Rarity: Common Cost: 3 Attack: 4 Health: 4 Abilities: Forgetful Tags: Random, Triggered effect 50% chance to attack the wrong enemy.Ogres have really terrible short-term chocolate.See this , or by a Misdirection Misdirection Set: Classic Type: Spell Class: Hunter Rarity: Rare Cost: 2 Abilities: Secret Tags: Combat-related, Triggered effect Secret: When a character attacks your hero, instead he attacks another random character.Sometimes it s as simple as putting -redirected minion.
- Unlike in games like World of Warcraft World of Warcraft (WoW) is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) created by Blizzard Entertainment. The game was first released Nov. 2004, and has since seen six expansions: The Burning Crusade (2007), Wrath of , receiving damage will not break a minion`s Stealth.
- Any additional effects or enchantments of Stealthed minions are still active even if Stealthed. This can make Stealth a very convenient way of protecting valuable buff minions, which may otherwise be vulnerable to attack. Blood Imp Blood Imp Set: Classic Type: Minion Subtype: Demon Class: Warlock Rarity: Common Cost: 1 Attack: 0 Health: 1 Abilities: Stealth Tags: Triggered effect Stealth. At the end of your turn, give another random friendly minion is one example of a buff minion that comes with Stealth.
- A minion that is in Stealth and given Taunt The shield-like Taunt visual effect Taunt is a minion ability which forces the opposing player to direct any melee attacks toward enemy targets with this ability. Minions with Taunt (commonly referred to as Taunts) serve by another card will not act as a taunt until it comes out of Stealth.
- Like Divine Shield An Argent Squire with Divine Shield in place Divine Shield is an ability which causes a minion to ignore the next damage it receives. Upon receiving any damage the Divine Shield is removed, and that , Stealth is both an ability of a minion and an effect on the minion. Once the effect is consumed, the card text is still present but no longer does anything.
- A Stealthed minion that is silenced will lose the Stealth effect, regardless of how it became Stealthed.
- A non-Stealthed minion that is granted Stealth will gain the Stealth effect, regardless of whether it has ever had the Stealth effect before or has the Stealth card text.
- Attempting to grant a Stealthed minion Stealth again has no effect.
- Granting the Stealth effect does not grant the Stealth card text.
- There are very few cards capable of repeatedly gaining Stealth; as of Mean Streets of Gadgetzan "Gadgetzan, where the gangs rule the streets; Gadgetzan, full of swindlers and cheats. Zip and sing the ring-a-ding-ding, on the mean streets of Gadgetzan! Gadgetzan, where the crime doesn t pay; Gadgetzan - but we do only Lotus Assassin Lotus Assassin Set: Mean Streets of Gadgetzan Type: Minion Class: Rogue Rarity: Epic Cost: 5 Attack: 5 Health: 5 Abilities: Stealth Tags: Triggered effect Stealth. Whenever this minion kills an enemy, gain Stealth.For 5000g, you , and One-Eyed Cheat in Wild format Wild format or Wild is one of Hearthstone s two game formats, the other being Standard format. Wild format appears in game modes in which players are allowed to play decks without the deck restrictions of .
- A minion with the Stealth card text which is restored to its original state (such as through being re-summoned ( Kel`Thuzad Kel Thuzad Set: Naxxramas Type: Minion Rarity: Legendary Cost: 8 Attack: 6 Health: 8 Abilities: Copy, Summon Tags: Area of effect, Death-related, Resurrection effect, Triggered effect At the end of each turn, summon all friendly minions , Reincarnate Reincarnate Set: Naxxramas Type: Spell Class: Shaman Rarity: Common Cost: 2 Abilities: Copy, Destroy, Summon Tags: Resurrection effect Destroy a minion, then return it to life with full Health.It s like birth, except you re an adult ) or re-played) will regain the Stealth effect. Conversely, the Stealth effect itself will be lost upon death or being returned A return to hand or return effect is a card effect whereby a minion, or more rarely a weapon or spell, is returned to the controlling player s hand. The target returns to its original card to the hand or deck.
- Minions that attack lose Stealth after the Combat Preparation Phase and just before any subsequent Death Phases/the actual combat itself, meaning that even if no Damage Event is created by attacking (such as by triggering Ice Block Ice Block Set: Classic Type: Spell Class: Mage Rarity: Epic Cost: 3 Abilities: Immune, Secret Tags: Damage-related, Triggered effect Secret: When your hero takes fatal damage, prevent it and become Immune this turn.Ice is nice, or if the minion is reduced to 0 Attack before the actual combat), the attack still breaks Stealth. Conversely, if you have a Stealthed 0 Attack minion, and due to Clumsy "Oops..." - Dunemaul Shaman Forgetful, previously known as clumsy, is an ability which grants a minion or weapon a 50% chance of attacking the wrong enemy. Forgetful is a type of triggered effect. While the it is attacked, it does not break Stealth because it does not create a Damage Event.
- Note that Damage Events for 0 damage (involving Divine Shield An Argent Squire with Divine Shield in place Divine Shield is an ability which causes a minion to ignore the next damage it receives. Upon receiving any damage the Divine Shield is removed, and that and Commanding Shout Commanding Shout Set: Classic Type: Spell Class: Warrior Rarity: Rare Cost: 2 Abilities: Draw cards Tags: Damage-related, Ongoing effect Your minions can t be reduced below 1 Health this turn. Draw a card."Shout! Shout! Let it ), while not allowing on-damage triggers to run, will break Stealth. Conversely, if there is no Damage Event at all (because of Immune The immune effect from Bestial Wrath Immune is an ability that prevents a character from receiving damage from any source, and prevents the opponent from targeting it. Be that as it may, Immune does not prevent destroy, healing or , Ice Block Ice Block Set: Classic Type: Spell Class: Mage Rarity: Epic Cost: 3 Abilities: Immune, Secret Tags: Damage-related, Triggered effect Secret: When your hero takes fatal damage, prevent it and become Immune this turn.Ice is nice, or Bolf Ramshield Bolf Ramshield Set: The Grand Tournament Type: Minion Rarity: Legendary Cost: 6 Attack: 3 Health: 9 Abilities: Deal damage Tags: Damage-related, Triggered effect Whenever your hero takes damage, this minion takes it instead.Bolf keeps coming ), Stealth remains intact.
Cards with Stealth
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Fadeleaf Toxin Fadeleaf Toxin Set: Whispers of the Old Gods Type: Spell Class: Rogue Cost: 1 Abilities: Stealth Give a friendly minion Stealth until your next turn.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Fadeleaf Toxin is an||None||Spell||Rogue||1||Give a friendly minion Stealth until your next turn.|
|Blood Imp Blood Imp Set: Classic Type: Minion Subtype: Demon Class: Warlock Rarity: Common Cost: 1 Attack: 0 Health: 1 Abilities: Stealth Tags: Triggered effect Stealth. At the end of your turn, give another random friendly minion||Common||Minion||Demon||Warlock||1||0||1||Stealth. At the end of your turn, give another random friendly minion +1 Health.Imps are content to hide and viciously taunt everyone nearby.|
|Giant Wasp Giant Wasp Set: Journey to Un Goro Type: Minion Subtype: Beast Rarity: Common Cost: 3 Attack: 2 Health: 2 Abilities: Poisonous, Stealth Tags: Damage-related, Triggered effect StealthPoisonousFloat like a butterfly, sting like a giant wasp!See this||Common||Minion||Beast||Any||3||2||2||Stealth|
PoisonousFloat like a butterfly, sting like a giant wasp!
|Jade Swarmer||Common||Minion||Rogue||2||1||1||Stealth, Deathrattle: Summon a Jade Golem.He`s so good at swarming, he can swarm all by himself!|
|Jungle Panther||Common||Minion||Beast||Any||3||4||2||StealthStranglethorn is a beautiful place to visit, but you wouldn`t want to live there.|
|Sabretooth Stalker||Common||Minion||Beast||Any||6||8||2||StealthIt`s gotten a bit long in the tooth.|
|Shadow Rager||Common||Minion||Rogue||3||5||1||StealthWE WENT THERE!|
|Stranglethorn Tiger||Common||Minion||Beast||Any||5||5||5||StealthThe wonderful thing about tigers is tigers are wonderful things!|
|Twisted Worgen||Common||Minion||Any||2||3||1||StealthSometimes the Old Gods` corruptions gives you power untold, sometimes you get +1 Attack. We can’t all be winners in the Eldritch lottery.|
|Worgen Infiltrator||Common||Minion||Any||1||2||1||StealthIf you want to stop a worgen from infiltrating, just yell, "No! Bad boy!"|
|Cat Trick||Rare||Spell||Hunter||2||Secret: After your opponent casts a spell, summon a 4/2 Panther with Stealth."I know some new tricks, a lot of good tricks. I will show them to you. Medivh will not mind at all if I do."|
|Master of Disguise Master of Disguise Set: Classic Type: Minion Class: Rogue Rarity: Rare Cost: 4 Attack: 4 Health: 4 Abilities: Battlecry, Stealth Battlecry: Give a friendly minion Stealth until your next turn.She s actually a male tauren. People||Rare||Minion||Rogue||4||4||4||Battlecry: Give a friendly minion Stealth until your next turn.She`s actually a male tauren. People don`t call him "Master of Disguise" for nothing.|
|Ravenholdt Assassin||Rare||Minion||Any||7||7||5||StealthJust mail him a package with a name and 10,000 gold. He`ll take care of the rest.|
Taunt The shield-like Taunt visual effect Taunt is a minion ability which forces the opposing player to direct any melee attacks toward enemy targets with this ability. Minions with Taunt (commonly referred to as Taunts) serve
|Shellshifter||Rare||Minion||Druid||4||3||3||Choose One - Transform into a 5/3 with Stealth;|
or a 3/5 with Taunt The shield-like Taunt visual effect Taunt is a minion ability which forces the opposing player to direct any melee attacks toward enemy targets with this ability. Minions with Taunt (commonly referred to as Taunts) serve .Master of the Three Shell Monte.
|Lotus Assassin Lotus Assassin Set: Mean Streets of Gadgetzan Type: Minion Class: Rogue Rarity: Epic Cost: 5 Attack: 5 Health: 5 Abilities: Stealth Tags: Triggered effect Stealth. Whenever this minion kills an enemy, gain Stealth.For 5000g, you||Epic||Minion||Rogue||5||5||5||Stealth. Whenever this minion kills an enemy, gain Stealth.For 5000g, you can just give the Jade Lotus any name and they will assassinate and/or embarrass them.|
PoisonousHe’s not really that patient. It just takes a while for someone to walk by that he can actually reach.
|Finja, the Flying Star||Legendary||Minion||Murloc||Any||5||2||4||Stealth. Whenever this attacks and kills a minion, summon 2 Murlocs from your deck.The last true master of Finjitsu.|
At the end of your turn, summon a 1/1 Steward.Moroes runs an army of stewards, but still ends up inflating the balloons himself.
|Shaku, the Collector||Legendary||Minion||Rogue||3||2||3||Stealth. Whenever this minions attacks, add a random card to your hand (from your opponent`s class).Aya even staged an intervention once, but Shaku still insists that he is not a hoarder.|
|Showing all 21 cards|
- This section contains information exclusive to Wild format Wild format or Wild is one of Hearthstone s two game formats, the other being Standard format. Wild format appears in game modes in which players are allowed to play decks without the deck restrictions of .
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Finicky Cloakfield Finicky Cloakfield Set: Goblins vs Gnomes Type: Spell Cost: 1 Abilities: Stealth Give a friendly minion Stealth until your next turn.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Finicky Cloakfield is an uncollectible neutral spell card,||None||Spell||Any||1||Give a friendly minion Stealth until your next turn.|
|Conceal Conceal Set: Hall of Fame Type: Spell Class: Rogue Rarity: Common Cost: 1 Abilities: Stealth Tags: Area of effect Give your minions Stealth until your next turn.Rogues conceal everything but their emotions. You can t get||Common||Spell||Rogue||1||Give your minions Stealth until your next turn.Rogues conceal everything but their emotions. You can`t get `em to shut up about feelings.|
|Druid of the Saber||Common||Minion||Druid||2||2||1||Choose One - Transform into a 2/1 with Charge For the card of the same name, see Charge (card) Charge is an ability allowing a minion to attack the same turn it is summoned. Charge is available to all classes, but is most strongly ; or a 3/2 with Stealth.That`s saberTEETH, not like curved pirate blades. That`s a different kind of druid. Druid of the Curved Pirate Blades.|
|Gilblin Stalker||Common||Minion||Any||2||2||3||Stealth"Shhh, I think I hear something." |
"Ah, it`s probably nothing." - Every Henchman
|Silent Knight||Common||Minion||Any||3||2||2||Stealth |
Divine Shield An Argent Squire with Divine Shield in place Divine Shield is an ability which causes a minion to ignore the next damage it receives. Upon receiving any damage the Divine Shield is removed, and that He used to be a librarian. Old habits die hard.
|Tiger Form||Common||Minion||Beast||Druid||2||3||2||Charge, Stealth|
|Ogre Ninja||Rare||Minion||Rogue||5||6||6||Stealth |
50% chance to attack the wrong enemy.He didn`t have the grades to get into ninja school, but his dad pulled some strings.
|One-eyed Cheat||Rare||Minion||Pirate||Rogue||2||4||1||Whenever you summon a Pirate, gain Stealth.When pirates say there is no "Eye" in "team," they are very literal about it.|
Spell Damage +1He is sometimes found hiding in the treasure chest in the Gurubashi Arena.
|Shade of Naxxramas||Epic||Minion||Any||3||2||2||Stealth. At the start of your turn, gain +1/+1.The Shades of Naxxramas hate the living. They even have a slur they use to refer them: Livers.|
|Showing all 11 cards|
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Streetwise Investigator||Common||Minion||Any||5||4||6||Battlecry: Enemy minions lose Stealth."Hmmmm… Call it a hunch, but I`m starting to think that there may be some kind of criminal activity going on in Gadgetzan."|
|Flare||Rare||Spell||Hunter||2||All minions lose Stealth. Destroy all enemy Secrets. Draw a card.Not only does it reveal your enemies, but it`s also great for parties!|
|Shadow Sensei||Rare||Minion||Rogue||4||4||4||Battlecry: Give a Stealth minion +2/+2.He used to be Aya`s tutor, but she fired him for bugging her too much.|
|Showing all 3 cards|
- The spell Transcendence, used by the Lorewalker Cho tutorial boss, grants Cho an effect very similar to Stealth: he cannot be attacked or targeted by his opponent, but he can still target himself and can take damage from non-targeted effects. Outside of the tutorial, Stealth is inapplicable to heroes.
- Every possible target on the board for the spell or Ability.
- To be on the offensive either by attacking an opponents card or your opponent himself/herself
- There are a group of common keywords that are used on multiple cards that are collectively called abilities. They can for example specify when the action will happen, or how. These keywords are written in bold on the cards.
- Aggro Deck
- See Area of Effect
- Arcane Dust
- The ingredient used to craft new Hearthstone cards. Can only be obtained in two ways: as a reward for doing Arena or through Disenchanting an existing card in your possession. Crafting costs depend on the rarity of a card and whether it is Golden or not.
- Common - 40 Dust
- Golden Common - 400 Dust
- Rare - 100 Dust
- Golden Rare - 800 Dust
- Epic - 400 Dust
- Golden Epic - 1600 Dust
- Legendary - 1600 Dust
- Golden Legendary - 3200 Dust
- A Hearthstone game mode. In this mode, players can choose to either pay 150 Gold or real money ($1.99/⅁1.49/⃢₂ⅹ1.79) to enter. In Arena, you are given a random draft of three classes to pick then must pick cards individually out of a choice of three cards until you have completed your deck. Unlike Constructed, there is no limit to how many copies of the same card you may possess in your deck.
- In an Arena run, you compete against other players to win as many games as possible. An Arena run will end when you either win twelve times, retire, or lose three times. Winning Arena games will upgrade the key in your possession, which will improve the spoils (You will receive five boxes of rewards, each having a chance to contain Gold, Arcane Dust or a Pack). You are always guaranteed to get a pack of cards, but if you do well enough it is possible to get two. Generally speaking, a Diamond Key (7 wins or above) is usually required to earn back the Arena entry fee in Gold while a Lightforge Key (12 wins) will earn you the greatest possible reward.
- Area of Effect
- Spells or attacks that affect more than a single target and either specifies a certain general area or an area emanating from a source point.
- A resource similar to Health, that can be gained through the hero powers Armor Up! and Shapeshift, or spells like Shield Block, Ice Barrier and Bite. Armor gets removed before Health when taking damage, but you lose the game if your Health drops to 0 even if you manage to gain some Armor after taking the damage.
- Attack Power
- The attack power of a minion is the amount of damage it can do on each attack.
- An ability that is triggered immediately, when a minion is summoned.
- Powers and cards played with the purpose of lowering the health of the enemy hero, disregarding board control.
- A character is either your hero₠or any minion on the battlefield.
- This Ability lets a minion attack during the turn it is summoned.
- Choose One
- This Ability gives you the option to choose between two spell effects when playing a spell, or between two minion Battlecry effects when playing a minion. This ability is associated with the Druid class.
- A card with the ability Combo gets the ability triggered it if is not the first card that is played that turn, i.e. it is played in a combo with another card. Playing The Coin does trigger the Combo ability. Hero Power does not enable Combo. This ability is associated with the Rogue class.
- Refers to any Hearthstone game mode in which the player is allowed to use decks they have built from their own card collection. In any constructed deck, the player is allowed a maximum of two of each common/rare/epic card and a maximum of one of each legendary card.
- Control Deck
- A deck that aims to win through board control. Usually these type of decks have high emphasis on removal spells and lack burn damage. Most notable archetypes are Handlock Control Warrior and Control Priest.
- A card that is given to the player who is going second at the start of the match. It grants the player 1 extra Mana Crystal for one turn only when they use it.
- Ability that is triggered when the minion dies.
- The set of 30 cards that player uses in a game of Hearthstone. Player draws one card from the deck each turn until there are no cards left, after which the player will be Fatigued
- Remove a minion from the board. There is no damage dealt so Divine Shield is ignored.
- When a Discover ability is activated player is presented with three random cards to choose from and to take into one`s hand.
- Disenchanting cards will give you Arcane Dust. It`s good to use when you have many duplicates. Rarer cards provide more Arcane Dust. Basic cards cannot be disenchanted.
- Common - 5 Dust
- Golden Common - 50 Dust
- Rare - 20 Dust
- Golden Rare - 100 Dust
- Epic - 100 Dust
- Golden Epic - 400 Dust
- Legendary - 400 Dust
- Golden Legendary - 1600 Dust
- Divine Shield
- Absorbs one attack or spell/effect that deals damage before the minion itself takes any damage.
- Dream Cards
- Cards that a player draws at the end of each turn while having Ysera on the board.
- Number of times a hero can attack with a weapon before it is destroyed.
- This Ability is triggered when a minion takes damage.
- Fast decks
- Typically all-out decks that play many small aggressive minions, trying to close out the game as early as possible, leading to fast victories or defeats.
- When you are out of remaining cards in your deck and the start of your turn or a card effect makes you draw a card, you take fatigue damage. The first time you`re out of cards, it`s 1 damage, the second time, it`s 2 damage, and so on until you or your opponent is dead.
- Cannot attack for one turn, Hero abilities can still be used (although Rogues and Druids would be unable to attack with said Hero abilities.
- Gold is the in-game currency. It cannot be directly purchased, but is instead won through arena matches and/or playing in matchmade constructed games.
- The amount of life a card or hero has left before it is discarded or, in the case of a hero, loses the game.
- Hit Points (HP)
- See Health
- Everything is ineffective and damage cannot be inflicted to you.
- An effect that activates when the owner of the minion uses a Hero Power.
- Mana is used to play cards. Your current mana is displayed in the bottom right of the screen. Each card requires a certain amount of mana to be summoned. You start with one Mana; at the start of each player`s turn mana is fully restored and the mana pool gets increased by one until both players have 10 Mana. Certain cards can increase a player`s mana pool.
- Medals were an early ranking system in Hearthstone. Players started at Apprentice and based on their ladder performance in ranked games could work their way up to a higher medal. You did not lose Medals for losing games. This system was replaced with the current ladder system before launch.
- Mill Deck
- Milling is the act of flooding your opponent`s hand, making him discard cards due to drawing over the 10 card limit.
- Minion is a character with health and attack values that players summon to the board by playing minion cards or certain spells such as Feral Spirit
- To mulligan a card is to discard it from your initial hand and draw a replacement from the remaining deck. You are allowed to mulligan as many cards as you want from your initial draw, but this can only be done before turn 1.
- Murloc Deck
- Deck that focuses on Murlocs. One of the most aggressive decks in the game. Most commonly used by warlocks, since they can use Life Tap to draw a lot of cards to keep the aggression going. Very susceptible to Area of Effect.
- One Turn Kill
- A combination of cards that leads to killing an opponent in one turn.
- See One Turn Kill
- Reduces the amount of mana a player can use the next turn.
- Hearthstone cards are purchased in packs. Each pack has five cards in them, at least one of them being Rare or of higher rarity. Packs may also contain Golden cards or multiples of same card. Packs are earned as rewards or can be bought from the in-game store.
- Plain Card
- A plain card is a minion which has no text on it, ie. it only has Mana Cost, Attack Power, and Hit Points.
- See Attack Power
- The act of playing cards that add mana crystals to your mana pool in order to play high mana creatures faster than your opponent. This includes cards that increase your mana pool temporarily (The Coin and Innervate) or permanently (Wild Growth, Nourish).
- In order from least rare to most rare: Common(White), Rare(Blue), Epic(Purple), Legendary(Orange). Although it mainly determines how uncommon certain cards would appear in a Pack, it also determines the crafting cost (in Arcane Dust) of a card. Rarity does not necessarily correlate to power.
- A term applied to cards that deal damage or Destroy one or more minions on the turn they are played.
- A Spell that is triggered when a certain action occurs (ex. attacking an enemy minion). The identity of a secret is hidden from the opponent until it is triggered, portrayed only as question mark graphic above the casting hero`s portrait.
- This Ability removes any effects (ex. +1/+1, taunt) from the chosen target(s). This does not remove spells like Hex or Polymorph that turn the creature into something else, although it would remove the taunt from the Hexed creature. Casting silence on a creature that is silenced already does not remove the first silence. You can use silence on your own creatures however to remove enemy spells such as Humility that negatively affect your minions.
- Slow decks
- Decks that try to stall out the game until high mana turns where they can bring out impactful minions like Ancient of War, Ysera and Ragnaros.
- Cards that belong to the Basic set. They cannot be disenchanted and are available for all players. Also Reward cards belong to this category.
- Spell Damage
- Each point of Spell Damage makes spells deal one additional damage. It also applies to some spells like Shadowflame and healing spells with Auchenai Soulpriest.
- Standard Format
- A type of game mode where only the recent 2 years of Hearthstone cards can be used. Classic and Basic cards are always usable in Standard.
After coming out of Standard rotation, cards are classed as Wild
- This Ability makes a minion untargetable by attacks or targeted spells/effects. They still take damage from Area of Effect spells/effects, and can still be hit from spells that hit a random target. They can also be hit by spells that target adjacent minions. An Explosive Shot that targets a minion will still do 2 damage to the stealthed minion next to it. Stealth is removed after the minion attacks.
- A Minion category that generally has synergies within its type and with some spells (example Timber Wolf and Kill Command). Currently, there are seven subtypes: Beast, Dragon, Demon, Mech, Murloc, Pirate and Totem.
- This Ability forces enemy characters to attack this minion before any other minion without taunt or your hero. If there are multiple minions with taunt you can choose which of them to attack.
- To be determined - Something yet to be determined such as tournament participants, or release date. In terms of release dates, TBA (To be announced) can also be used.
- A general concept used not only in TCGs but also in other strategy games such as Chess and Starcraft that refers to who has the initiative in a game. If, for example, both players play some minions but yours can attack first, you are said to have tempo.
- Tempo Deck
- A deck designed to gain the initiative in a game, often through a lower Mana Curve, cards holding significant Value relative to their Mana cost, and a healthy dose of Control options. Not to be confused with a Rush Deck which will often aim to win the game outright in a short number of turns with a tiny Mana Curve.
- A card that is summoned by another card, such as Violet Apprentice, Gnoll, Silver Hand Recruit and Wicked Knife.
- Token Deck
- A deck that floods the board with small, weak minions using cards like Violet Teacher, Haunted Creeper or Muster for Battle to get high value from buffs such as Power of the Wild, Bloodlust, Hobgoblin and Savage Roar.
- Drawing a powerful card that turns the game around in your favor while faced with a major card disadvantage (i.e. either having no or very few cards on your hand or in play) compared to your opponent. A term often used in other card games (particularly YuGiOh where some deck archetypes were notorious for top-decking.)
- See Subtype
- Value can be defined in two different ways:
- 1. By the effects and stats of a card relative to its Mana and Card cost (if applicable.) For example, Novice Engineer is deemed to be a valuable card due to its "Draw a card" Battlecry, Knife Juggler can potentially provide great value each time you play a minion and the Dark Iron Dwarf is deemed very valuable for a 4 Mana 4/4 due to its Battlecry which grants an additional 2 Attack to a minion.
- 2. A metric used to describe the efficiency of a certain play. For example, the act of eliminating a Bluegill Warrior with an Elven Archer`s Battlecry can be deemed valuable both in terms of card advantage and Mana cost due to a 1 Mana 1/1 minion eliminating a 2 Mana 2/1 Charge minion with only its Battlecry (meaning the attacker who played the Archer did not lose the minion in the process.)
- This Ability allows a minion to attack twice in one turn.
- Wild Format (game type)
- A game type that allows any card in Hearthstone to be used in a deck. Standard decks are allowed, but not the other way round. See Standard Format above for information.