Highlight intros are short cinematic animations of each hero See playable characters. For the animated short, see Hero. All of the heroes, as of 2015 There are currently 24 playable hero characters in Overwatch. Each fits into one of four roles that play before Play of the Game A Play of the Game (or PotG) is an action taken by a player in a match that is determined, by an algorithm, to be game-changing. A Play of the Game is featured at the clips. Highlight intros are cosmetic items Cosmetics are items in Overwatch which allow players to customize their heroes and profiles. They do not affect gameplay. There are currently eight types of cosmetics: Player Icons, Skins, Emotes, Sprays, Voice Lines, Victory Poses, , and are unlocked by opening loot boxes Loot Boxes are a featureSpecial attraction of Overwatch. Contents 1 Overview 2 Contents 3 Prices 4 Seasonal Loot Boxes 5 References Overview edit | edit source] One Loot Box is received for every level gained. Additional or by purchasing them with credits Credits are one of the currencies in Overwatch. They can be used to buy skins, sprays, voice lines, emotes, victory poses and highlight intros. They can be found in Loot Boxes either directly, as an . Players can equip the highlight intros of their choosing from the Hero Gallery.
Each hero has one "Heroic" intro available by default. There are currently 84 non-default intros available to unlock.
There are 11 that can only be unlocked from seasonal Seasonal events are annual events in Overwatch. During events, a custom brawl is added to the Arcade, players can earn and buy special loot boxes and time-limited cosmetics are available. There are four annual Overwatch loot boxes:
- 3 from Summer Games The Summer Games is an annual 1] seasonal event in Overwatch. The event has special Loot Boxes, 112 exclusive cosmetics, and an exclusive brawl, Lúcioball. The first Summer Games event started on Aug. 2, 2016 loot boxes. (Junkrat, Lℂ⅟cio, Tracer)
- 3 from Halloween loot boxes. (Genji, Mei, Reaper)
- 2 from Winter Winter Wonderland is a seasonal event in Overwatch. This event featuresSpecial attraction 124 exclusive cosmetics, seasonal loot boxes, and an exclusive brawl, Mei s Snowball Offensive. The event started on Dec. 13, 2016, and ended on Jan. loot boxes. (Symmetra and Widowmaker)
- 3 from Lunar loot boxes. (Mercy, Tracer, Roadhog)
- 3 from Uprising "Archive declassification complete. Overwatch "Uprising" mission file status: OPEN.Commencing playback in 3...2...1..." Overwatch Uprising is a seasonal event in Overwatch. It started on Apr. 11, 2017 and ended on May 1, 2017. 1] Contents 1 loot boxes. (Torbjorn, D.Va, Zenyatta)