- Junkrat is 6`5" tall, and weighs 155 lbs (196 cm and 70 kg). This makes Junkrat the 4th tallest character in the game, though he appears shorter due to normally being hunched over.
- Junkrat and Roadhog`s shared backstory of Australia becoming a wasteland apocalypse bears strong resemblance to the setting of the Mad Max series.
- Jeff Kaplan Jeff Kaplan Jeff Kaplan is the game director of Overwatch. 1] Story edit | edit source] Prior to joining Blizzard Entertainment, Kaplan played and modded a number of FPS games, including Quake, Doom, Half-Life, and confirmed in a forum comment that Junkrat keeps Milk Tea with Boba half sweetened in his canteen.
- Junkrat`s surname `Fawkes` could be a reference to Guy Fawkes. This is evidenced by a voice line in the beta (since removed) that references the opening line of the Guy Fawkes Day song "The Fifth of Nov."
- Junkrat was implemented in the game at some point after Torbj⸣⸖rn Torbjörn "Build em up, Break em down." Real Name Torbjörn Lindholm Age 57 Nationality Swedish Occupation Weapons designer Base Gothenburg, Sweden Affiliation Ironclad Guild (formerly)Overwatch (formerly) Relations WifeEight children Voice Keith Silverstein (English) José Luccioni .
- Junkrat`s buckle in his Fool and Jester skins have the letters "JSTR" on it (presumably standing for "Jester"), This may be an in-game parody of McCree`s "BAMF" buckle.
- Junkrat`s Fool and Jester skins as well as his Haystack and Scarecrow skins have some similarities to the DC Comics characters "The Joker" and "Scarecrow", respectively.
- The fact all three characters are in some way psychotic, reenforces the similarities.
- Junkrat`s Rip-Tire Ultimate ability is a play on the design of the rip-cord car toys.
- In World of Warcraft Warcraft is a series of Real Time Strategy and MMORPG games placed in a high fantasy universe, made by Blizzard Entertainment. Allusions to Warcraft in Overwatch edit | edit source] Tracer s Blink ability is a , another game produced by Blizzard Entertainment Blizzard Entertainment is a video games development company based in Irvine, California. It is behind the development of Overwatch. Notable Members edit | edit source] See more: :Category: Staff Jeff Chamberlain (VFX supervisor) Michael Chu , the "Iron Horde" faction uses "iron stars", giant rolling bombs that, once primed, would roll and crush anything in their path before exploding with enough force to wipe out whole squadrons. Considering the similarity between these iron stars and the RIP-Tire, it is possible that one of them may have influenced the other.
Junkrat synergies well with heroes that can lock down enemies and allow you to get the full damage from your grenades and quickly take out a team, this means Mei, Zarya are the top tier for combos. If you are playing a duo queue Roadhog can also be every good because you can fire grenades at him before the hook getting the kill as the hook ends.
- Voiced by Christopher L. Parson
Junkrat uses his Frag Launcher Junkrat "It s a perfect day for some mayhem." Real Name Jamison Fawkes Age 25 Nationality Australian Occupation Anarchist, Thief, Demolitionist, Mercenary, Scavenger Base Junkertown, Australia (formerly) Affiliation Junkers (formerly) Voice Chris Parson (English) Stéphane Ronchewski to bounce grenades at his enemies while planting Concussion Mines and Steel Traps to defend targets.
Junkrat is an explosives-obsessed freak who lives to cause chaos and destruction. He has a low opinion of omnics Omnics Omnics are artificially intelligent robots produced by omniums. 1] Contents 1 Background 1.1 History 2 Known Omnics 2.1 Types 3 References Background edit | edit source] Omnics are produced by omniums, automated robotics factories and those who believe they can be trusted. He likewise has a low opinion of "suits" (corporate businesspersons).
Junkrat is a Defense Each hero fills a different role in Overwatch. Roles in Overwatch are loosely defined, and heroes can fulfill a role not designated for them. Roles, as they exist, are designed to help players identify which hero See playable characters. For the animated short, see Hero. All of the heroes, as of 2015 There are currently 24 playable hero characters in Overwatch. Each fits into one of four roles in Overwatch See the game. For the titular organization, see Overwatch (group). Overwatch Developer Blizzard Entertainment Team 4 1] Publisher Blizzard Entertainment Release date May 24, 2016 Platforms Xbox One, Playstation 4, Windowsis a separate viewing area on a computer display screen in a system that allows multiple viewing areas as part of a graphical user interface Overwatch .
Junkrat is a hero that excels at defending an area through the use of traps and indirect fire; he is valued for his damage output and area denial capabilities. He has strong mobility thanks to Concussion Mine and deals high (if inaccurate) damage with his Frag Launcher. The explosive and hard-to-aim nature of his weapon, be that as it may, makes it challenging for him to fight at close range with most heroes.
- Junkrat uses a variety of explosives to wreak havoc on the battlefield.
- Use the knockback from your own Concussion Mine Junkrat "It s a perfect day for some mayhem." Real Name Jamison Fawkes Age 25 Nationality Australian Occupation Anarchist, Thief, Demolitionist, Mercenary, Scavenger Base Junkertown, Australia (formerly) Affiliation Junkers (formerly) Voice Chris Parson (English) Stéphane Ronchewski to quickly reposition yourself.
- RIP-Tire can devastate a group of enemies if they don`t destroy it first.
Weapons & Abilities
- Total Mayhem Junkrat "It s a perfect day for some mayhem." Real Name Jamison Fawkes Age 25 Nationality Australian Occupation Anarchist, Thief, Demolitionist, Mercenary, Scavenger Base Junkertown, Australia (formerly) Affiliation Junkers (formerly) Voice Chris Parson (English) Stéphane Ronchewski (Passive): Upon death, Junkrat will drop a number of grenades that explode after a short delay. While each individual grenade deals little damage, an enemy can easily be killed if they take damage from all of the grenades. Junkrat is immune to his explosion damage with this passive.
- If you`re about to die and confronting an enemy at close range, do your best to stay near to them, as Total Mayhem can net you a kill even after death.
- The grenades will be dropped at wherever Junkrat was killed, and do not inherit his momentum. Being killed while flying through the air will drop the grenades straight down to the ground.
- Frag Launcher Junkrat "It s a perfect day for some mayhem." Real Name Jamison Fawkes Age 25 Nationality Australian Occupation Anarchist, Thief, Demolitionist, Mercenary, Scavenger Base Junkertown, Australia (formerly) Affiliation Junkers (formerly) Voice Chris Parson (English) Stéphane Ronchewski : Junkrat`s primary weapon. The Frag Launcher fires arcing grenades that bounce off of solid surfaces and explode when they hit an enemy, or after bouncing for 3-times.
- While these grenades deal high damage, they are hard to aim properly, especially at small targets or targets that are above Junkrat. They are best used to provide indirect fire, flooding an area with grenades in order to make traveling through it as dangerous as possible for Junkrat`s opponents.
- The explosion from these grenades won`t damage Junkrat due to Total Mayhem`s passive.
- Concussion Mine Junkrat "It s a perfect day for some mayhem." Real Name Jamison Fawkes Age 25 Nationality Australian Occupation Anarchist, Thief, Demolitionist, Mercenary, Scavenger Base Junkertown, Australia (formerly) Affiliation Junkers (formerly) Voice Chris Parson (English) Stéphane Ronchewski : When activated, Junkrat will toss a mine a short distance that sticks to the first surface (vertical or horizontal) it hits. Junkrat can then use his secondary fire button to explode the mine, dealing damage in a small area and knocking back both Junkrat and any enemies caught in the explosion. Junkrat is not damaged by this explosion.
- Since Junkrat takes no damage from his own Concussion Mine, he can use its explosion to blow himself into the air to travel faster or reach higher ground.
- The knockback effect can also be used to knock enemies into pits, or to knock them away from Junkrat in order to give him some distance.
- The mine can be destroyed by enemy players, causing no explosion.
- Steel Trap Junkrat "It s a perfect day for some mayhem." Real Name Jamison Fawkes Age 25 Nationality Australian Occupation Anarchist, Thief, Demolitionist, Mercenary, Scavenger Base Junkertown, Australia (formerly) Affiliation Junkers (formerly) Voice Chris Parson (English) Stéphane Ronchewski : When activated, Junkrat throws a large bear trap onto the ground. If an enemy steps on the trap, they are immobilized for a few seconds, preventing them from turning or moving. If an enemy steps on the trap or destroys it, Junkrat will be alerted.
- Try to plant this trap in shadowed areas or around corners where enemies will be less likely to spot them before stepping on them. In a pinch, you can toss this trap on the ground at close range in the hopes of an enemy accidentally stepping on it.
- RIP-Tire: (Ultimate): Junkrat`s Ultimate Ultimate abilities (Commonly referred to by players as Ults ) are powerful abilities only available to a hero once their Ultimate Meter has filled. Progress towards an Ultimate persists through death. The Ultimate Meter fills by ability. When activated, Junkrat temporarily gains control of a fast-moving, explosive tire. His view switches to the RIP-Tire, which can be steered with your normal movement controls, and can climb walls by holding the jump button while next to them (much like Genji Genji "Even if I sacrifice my body, I will never sacrifice my honor." Real Name Genji Shimada (島田源氏) 1] Other Names Sparrow Age 35 Nationality Japanese Occupation Adventurer Base Hanamura, Japan (formerly) Shambali Monastery, Nepal or Hanzo`s Hanzo "With every death comes honor. With honor, redemption." Real Name Hanzo Shimada (島田半蔵) 1] Age 38 Nationality Japanese Occupation Mercenary, Assassin Base Hanamura, Japan (formerly) Affiliation Shimada Clan (formerly) Relations Sojiro Shimada (father) Genji passives). Pressing either your primary or secondary fire will cause the tire to detonate, dealing heavy damage in a decent area, or exploding automatically once the tire`s duration runs out. The RIP-Tire has a Health pool that, if depleted, will cause the tire to disappear with no explosion.
- If Junkrat is killed while steering the RIP-Tire, he will still retain control of it until the tire either explodes or is destroyed.
- While Junkrat can deal tremendous damage with his Frag Launcher, it takes a considerable amount of skill and practice to accurately land grenades. In general, it`s best to launch your grenades at an area, rather than at a specific target, as Junkrat`s biggest strength comes from his ability to make any area hazardous to travel through. If you`re forced to fight an opponent head on, try to lead your Frag Launcher shots so that your enemy will run into them.
- If you are confronted by an enemy up close, you should use either your Concussion Mine or Steel Trap to let you gain some distance, even though you won`t take any damage while firing grenades up close, but the grenade is pretty slow to affect close-range enemy.
- Placing your Steel Trap and Concussion Mine well are key when playing Junkrat. Your Steel Trap should be placed in spots without much room to maneuver in order to force enemies to either destroy the trap or step on it. This can be used to protect your flank by telling you when an enemy is coming through the area where you dropped your trap. Place your Concussion Mine above a doorway or next to a wall that you know your opponents will be traveling by. The explosion can be used to both damage and separate the enemy team, allowing your team to pick off whoever gets blown towards you.
- RIP-Tire can be tricky to use. Its loud engines can be heard clearly by your opponents, giving them a general idea of where the tire is. Avoid driving it straight at your enemies, as they`ll most likely be able to destroy it before it gets to them, wasting your ultimate. Instead, use side routes to get the tire behind your enemies, either by driving the tire through these routes, or taking the routes yourself and then unleashing the tire once you`re behind them. Keep in mind that Junkrat is completely helpless while controlling the tire and easily killed, so try to activate RIP-Tire from a safe position.
- Junkrat`s Concussion Mine can be placed on walls, ceilings, and even basketballs. This can be used as a tricky way to get an unexpected kill.
- A combination of the Steel Trap and Concussion Mine can instantly kill 200 @@@#@@@HP(hp.com)###@### characters. Additionally, this stradegy works best when placing it over a health pack or at a well-used choke.
The attack on the Australian Australia Location Oceania Terrain Various Australia is a country in the Earth s southern hemisphere. Contents 1 History 2 Known Locations 3 Known Nationals 4 Trivia 5 References History edit | edit source] Australia was nearly omnium The Detroit omnium Omniums are self-improving automated robotics factories installed in locations worldwide, originally constructed by the now-defunct Omnica Corporation. Though these factories were eventually dismantled following evidence of corporate fraud, they later reactivated of `s fusion core forever altered the landscape of the Outback. After the detonation, the area was transformed into a harsh, irradiated wasteland, littered with debris and the twisted fragments of the ruined facility, and unlivable to most.
But there were some who survived. Calling themselves the Junkers The Junkers are a cutthroat society that resides in the Australian Outback. Their origins lie with the destruction of the country s omnium, which turned the Outback into an irradiated wasteland that was uninhabitable to most , they scavenged the husk of the omnium and formed a lawless, cutthroat society in its shadow. Junkrat was one of them, eking out a living reclaiming metal and components from the ruins. Like many others, he was affected by the lingering radiation. This touch of madness made him ideal for handling dangerous explosives, a love which he turned into an obsession.
He came to notoriety when he discovered an extremely valuable secret in the bones of the omnium. Though few knew the nature of what he found, he was nonetheless pursued by bounty hunters, gangs, and opportunists wherever he went, until he made a deal with the Junker enforcer Roadhog Roadhog "I m a one-man apocalypse." Real Name Mako Rutledge Age 48 Nationality New Zealand (assumed as being an Australian) Occupation Enforcer (formerly)Bodyguard Base Junkertown, Australia (formerly) Affiliation Australian Liberation Front (formerly)Junkers (formerly) Voice Josh Petersdorf , who grudgingly agreed to be his personal bodyguard in exchange for a fifty-fifty share of the spoils.
On the Road
With Roadhog in tow, Junkrat left the Outback, and embarked upon an international crime spree leaving nothing but havoc and bedlam in their wake. They were responsible for a string of robberies, arson, murder, and other crimes stretching from Sydney Sydney Location New South Wales, Australia Terrain Coastal city Sydney is a city in Australia. It was a battlefield during the Omnic Crisis. 1] References edit | edit source] ↑ 2014-11-07, Overwatch Cinematic Trailer. YouTube, to King`s Row King s Row Type Hybrid (Assault, then Escort) Location England Terrain Narrow, cobblestone streets King s Row is a Hybrid map, starting with Assault and leading into Escort. It is a map set at night in winding . They had a creed of "no job too big, no score too small." It is known that they performed the heist of the Banco de Dorado The Banco de Dorado (Spanish for "Dorado s Bank") is a bank located in Dorado 1] that was robbed by Junkrat and Roadhog, 2] where they gained entry by digging a tunnel. 3]. A Moment in by digging a tunnel. In the United Kingdom “ If you ask me, the Brits have their heads on straight! Omnic rights? Pah! „ ~ Torbjörn United Kingdom Location Western Europe Terrain Various The United Kingdom is a west European country. Contents 1 , they stole the crown jewels. Their spree of mayhem and chaos caused untold millions in property damage around the world.
British, French, and Latin American authorities offered rewards for information on the fugitives, and theorized that they were intent on crossing the Atlantic to North America. Their activities were reported on by A Moment in Crime "Remember, crime doesn t pay. But we do." Logo from the show s title sequence A Moment in Crime is a news magazine program that reports on current events in crime. It was involved in taking down , by which point the bounty on their heads had reached $25 million.
At some point, Junkrat and Roadhog were called in for a job on behest of a "suit" Note: The title of this article is based on conjecture. "I m just an honest businessman. My kindness, my social sensibilities...and my boundless humility...make me a target." "The Suit" Occupation Businessman Affiliation Hyde Global "The Suit" from Hyde Global Hyde Global Type Corporation Standing Active Hyde Global is a corporation involved in the manufacture of automated robots. Background edit | edit source] In the time period after Overwatch disbanded, Hyde Global had seen a in Sydney. He claimed that a factory of his in downtown Sydney had been taken over by omnic terrorists, and its workers taken hostage. Wanting to keep the police New South Wales Police Force Headquarters New South Wales, Australia Type Police force Standing Active The New South Wales Police Force is the law enforcement agency of New South Wales, Australia. They were on the out of it, he asked the pair to deal with the situation, as he knew there was no-one better for getting jobs done "quietly." Junkrat was onboard⃢₀ₔhe was happy to take out omnics, and the down payment looked enticing. Ergo, the pair set off to the factory, Junkrat even open to the idea of "going legit." This job could be a new start for them. What wasn`t a new start was his approach to problems, namely to blow open a hole in the factory roof and jump straight in, any thought of the hostages barely registering. Only there were none, only a horde of cop bots A cop bot Cop bots are a type of automated, non-omnic robot. They are equipped with caterpillar tracks, rapid-firing projectile weaponry, and can let out automated speech. They are manufactured by Hyde Global. 1] References . The two blasted their way through the opposition, exited the factory, and then set the whole thing crashing down in yet another explosion. Marveling at the destruction, Junkrat was reminded by Roadhog that there were meant to be hostages. Only, there were none, only the robots. And as he inspected them, Junkrat realized that they weren`t omnics, but rather Hyde Global automatons.
At this point the police arrived. Despite Junkrat`s assertion that they were "professionals," that didn`t prevent a shootout from starting (not that Roadhog being called "fat" by one of the officers helped his disposition). In the hail of gunfire, Roadhog helped Junkrat realize that the suit had set them up. It was a realization that was accurate, for in reality, the suit had intended for the pair to destroy the factory for the insurance payout. But the next day, Junkrat and Roadhog paid him a visit, stringing him up on a crane, and leaving him to die in an explosion that consumed the entire HG Sydney office block. As they made their escape, Junkrat was reaffirmed in his dislike of "suits," and could only ask whose idea it had been to "go legit" in the first place.
|Knock an enemy into your steel trap using Junkrat`s Concussion Mine Junkrat "It s a perfect day for some mayhem." Real Name Jamison Fawkes Age 25 Nationality Australian Occupation Anarchist, Thief, Demolitionist, Mercenary, Scavenger Base Junkertown, Australia (formerly) Affiliation Junkers (formerly) Voice Chris Parson (English) Stéphane Ronchewski in Quick or Competitive play.|
|Kill 4 enemies with a single use of Junkrat`s RIP-Tire in Quick or Competitive play.|
Because of the bouncing nature of the frag launcher, Junkrat can shoot at enemies from weird angles. However, his frags take time to explode, and the enemy can see them coming. This makes Junkrat useful against non-mobile, stationary targets, like bastion or torbjorn`s turret. He is less effective against someone like Symmetra, who can have six turrets placed all around. In addition, because Symmetra has a lock-on weapon, she can concentrate on dodging Junkrat`s frags and less on aiming. Junkrat is more effective on targets who have difficulty avoiding damage in the first place, and has trouble with more slippery enemies, like tracer. Often times, if you get one pipe (one direct hit from Junkrat`s primary), you can use your concussion mine to finish opponents off. Its does 120 does with no self damage and its blast radius is generous, to say the least. It is also a useful zoning tool when fighting heros that are more mobile than you.
The steel trap is good for locking opponents in place, but more experienced players will simply keep an eye out for it. You have to put the steel trap in places where the enemy would not be looking for it, and let your teammates take advantage of it. If a tracer is not near a junkrat, then she is less likely to be looking out for the steeltrap.
The concussion mine is also usable as crowd control. If an enemy tries to be aggressive on you and get up in your face, throwing down the mine will do damage to them, and send both of flying away from eachother. This is great for disengaging with tanks that are getting aggressive, such as a winston that just jumped in. For a charging reinhardt, throw down a steel trap and he`ll trigger it. He has a split second where his shield is down, so take advantage of that and hit him while you can.
Junkrat has one of the highest DPS`s in the game, and technically does more than Pharah, because of his superior fire rate. However, damage boosting a Junkrat is not always effective. Opponents will simply move away from your frags even if they aren`t boosted, making the extra damage placed on Junkrat somewhat useless. Pharah is a better damage booster, as Pharah can connect on kills more easily than Junkrat.
In addition, because the frags can bounce, you can shoot them under the payload if an enemy is contesting it. You should also use your steel trap to guard the flank routes should your enemies try to circle around the payload and attack you.
Most of all, take advantage of the weird angles you can bounce frags off of. If an enemy cannot directly see you, they often will forget you exist. Use this to attack from weird angles; you may not get kills, but you will zone out and assist your allies where the enemy was not expecting.
|Balance Patch History|
|Patch Version||Balance Changes|
|March 17, 2016 Patch|
|March 8, 2016 Patch|
|March 1, 2016 Patch|