Stealth and debilitating attacks make Sombra a powerful infiltrator. Her hacking can disrupt her enemies, ensuring they`re easier to take out, while her EMP provides the upper hand against multiple foes at once. Sombra⃢₀ₙs ability to Translocate and camouflage herself makes her a hard target to pin down.
One of the world`s most notorious hackers, Sombra uses information to manipulate those in power.
Sombra`s skills include computer hacking and cryptography; these are activities she greatly enjoys, to the point where the desire to get past locks and solving mysteries is ingrained in her personality. She is a known associate of Reaper Reaper "Death walks among you." Real Name Gabriel Reyes Age Unknown Nationality American Occupation Mercenary Base Unknown Affiliation United States military (formerly)Overwatch (formerly)Various, including Talon (mercenary status) Voice Keith Ferguson (English) Jérémie Covillault (French)Oliviero Corbetta , specializing in espionage and intelligence assessment. She is equipped with devices that allow hacking of technology just through touch. This includes a cybernetic graft implanted along her spine. which basically makes her a living computer. She is a loner emotionally, finding it difficult to make friends (outside coercion).
Sombra is an Offense Each hero fills a different role in Overwatch. Roles in Overwatch are loosely defined, and heroes can fulfill a role not designated for them. Roles, as they exist, are designed to help players identify which hero See playable characters. For the animated short, see Hero. All of the heroes, as of 2015 There are currently 24 playable hero characters in Overwatch. Each fits into one of four roles in Overwatch See the game. For the titular organization, see Overwatch (group). Overwatch Developer Blizzard Entertainment Team 4 1] Publisher Blizzard Entertainment Release date May 24, 2016 Platforms Xbox One, Playstation 4, Windowsis a separate viewing area on a computer display screen in a system that allows multiple viewing areas as part of a graphical user interface Overwatch .
Stealth and debilitating attacks makes Sombra a powerful infiltrator. Her hacking can disrupt her enemies, ensuring that they`re easier to take out, while her EMP provides the upper hand against multiple foes at once. Sombra⃢₀ₙs ability to Translocate and camouflage herself makes her a hard target to pin down. Even though she can deal high damage by her own, her weapon`s weakness is the large spreading which will force her to fight rather close range. She lacks any alternative way to damage enemies or to improve in-combat mobility, allowing a hacked enemy to still fight back like normal, albeit without relying on abilities.
Weapons & Abilities
- Opportunist: Sombra`s passive ability. Sombra will learn the position of any enemy whose health is less than 50%. The glowing effect of this ability is different from other abilities that can see through walls. Only Sombra alone can gain this enhanced vision, as allies do not.
- Communication is vital to utilize this ability to its fullest; Opportunist specifically highlights targets who are low on health, which is vital information Sombra can share with her teammates.
- Machine Pistol: Sombra`s primary weapon. Her Machine Pistol shoots in a very fast fire-rate and has a large magazine. It has a large spreading and deals little damage per shot. The gun works best on short-range combat as it has damage falloff around mid-range.
- While the Machine Pistol is lacking in accuracy, it makes up for that in magazine size and fire rate. Sombra can unload onto close-range targets and dispatch them with ease, especially when aiming for headshots.
- The Machine Pistol`s reload is finished slightly after Sombra inserts the magazine into the gun, not after the animation completes.
- Hack: Sombra`s key ability. The Hack can be performed by pressing secondary attack towards a target for 0.8 second. After she finished the Hack, the enemy will have their abilities disabled for 6 seconds. She can also hack any health packs to make it respawn even faster while preventing the enemy from using it. Sustaining any amount of damage during the activation of Hack will interrupt the ability.
- Hack will disable most active abilities. Some secondary attacks that is showed in the ability interface (such as Soldier: 76`s Helix Rockets) will also be disabled. Passive abilities will work like normal.
- Hacked health packs will give Sombra an ultimate charge when her teammates collect a pack, as it counts as healing done. It last long for 60 seconds until Sombra must re-hack the health pack to refresh the duration.
- Torbj⸣⸖rn`s Turret can be hacked, and it will be deactivated for 10 seconds instead of 6 seconds.
- Sombra can`t hack a health pack during it`s preparation state, nor any health packs already hacked by an enemy Sombra.
- Hack cannot target enemies protected by a barrier, with immunity or any hero-summoned entities (with the exception of Torbj⸣⸖rn`s turrets).
- Hacking an enemy will show their health bar and ultimate status when it is ready.
- Thermoptic Camo: This is the main method for Sombra to infiltrate the enemy team. She will cloak herself and enter into invisible status. She gains increased movement speed during the 6 seconds of stealth. Taking some other actions or taking any amount of damage will break the invisibility.
- The cooldown triggers after the stealth is broken or expired.
- Sombra can perform a couple of actions while cloaked, such as throwing/activating her Translocator and reloading her Machine Pistol.
- Some abilities can detect Sombra under stealth effect; such as Hanzo`s Sonic Arrow or Widowmaker`s Infra-Sight.
- Sometimes, using the speed boost from the Camo is more important than the invisibility itself; you can use the camo to run towards objectives and rely on your Translocator to get you out of danger instead.
- Translocator The article focuses on the lore behind the device. For a Sombra ability, see here. “ Don t think I don t recognize that device of yours. I know you stole it!What can I say? A girl : Sombra will throw a beacon in an arc, bouncing off any vertical surface until it hits solid-ground. The beacon lasts for up to 15 seconds or until she activates the ability again to teleport herself onto the marked location instantly.
- The beacon will have a light effect which is bright enough for enemies to notice the device.
- The beacon can`t be destroyed by enemies.
- Cooldown triggers after Sombra teleports to it or when the beacon expires.
- The time it takes to teleport to the Translocator is not instant. It is delayed by a slight fraction of a second. Keep this in mind when jumping across pits and escaping from enemies when the device isn`t planted on ground.
- EMP Sombra "Everything can be hacked... and everyone." Real Name ░░░░░░ Status Active Age 30 Nationality Mexican 1] Occupation Hacker Base Dorado, Mexico Affiliation Los Muertos (formerly)Talon Voice Carolina Ravassa (English) Emmanuelle Rivière (French)Chiwa Saitō (Japanese)Carol (Ultimate): Sombra`s ultimate Ultimate abilities (Commonly referred to by players as Ults ) are powerful abilities only available to a hero once their Ultimate Meter has filled. Progress towards an Ultimate persists through death. The Ultimate Meter fills by ability. Sombra discharges her energy and create a blast in a large radius around herself. All enemies within the blast will be Hacked and unable to use any abilities for 6 seconds. Any active Barriers from enemies will be destroyed. It also destroys shield or barrier-health on all targets including Symmetra`s Teleporter/Shield Generator.
- EMP is able to pierce through barriers to hack multiple targets, and hack all health packs in the area of effect.
- EMP`s blast doesn`t go through walls.
- EMP is an excellent "initializer" ability; that is to say it is the first ultimate to be used during a team fight. For instance, an allied Soldier: 76 could have his Tactical Visor ready to go, but the enemy team has a Reinhardt and D.Va already blocking his attacks. Sombra can use her EMP to knock out both of their abilities, leaving them and the rest of their team wide open to 76`s ultimate.
- A common mistake is to rush in to the objective as you would with Winston or Genji. Remember: you do not have the mobility or the health to spare when it comes to confrontations. Instead, use Opportunist and your team`s overall health to determine the right time to strike. The only time it`s safe to rush onto a point is if you`ve placed your Translocator over a health pack in a safe and friendly location; in this case, if you feel like you`re losing the fight and are about to die, you can quickly Translocate to escape the fight and heal up.
- While nobody likes having their abilities disabled, some heroes are more affected than others. Priortizing who to hack is a core part of mastering the ability. Try to think of who would be the most affected by a Hack, and keep in mind it`s not always a Support hero such as Mercy or Ana - perhaps there is a Genji harrassing your backline that your team is having trouble pinning down, or you`ve spotted a Reaper hiding who may have his Ultimate ready
- Choose your hack targets wisely. At a cooldown of 8 seconds, wasting it on a health pack closer to your respawn that your team won`t end up using may mean you won`t be ready to hack an enemy or health pack closer to the objective or at a choke point.
- Don`t underestimate the power of hacking Health packs; not only do they respawn faster and are unusable by the enemy, but allies who collect your hacked health packs will generate considerable amounts of Ultimate charge for you, especially from large Health packs. With how frequently your hack is off cooldown, you can claim several packs for your own in a rapid space of time, and they stay hacked for an extremely long time; one minute in total.
- If Sombra takes any damage of any kind, the Camo is instantly broken. As such, try to avoid running through fights while invisible; you may get caught in the crossfire and become exposed as a result.
- The Translocator can be used at any distance; don`t be afraid to throw it down in a safe location just before going to the objective. If you hack a health pack and throw your beacon on it, you can quickly Translocate back to it in a heated fight for instant health, behaving in a similar way of Tracer`s Recall.
- The Translocator is a visible object to enemies on the map. A cautious player may note your Translocator and camp near it, waiting for you to appear. To avoid this from happening, try to place it in areas that aren`t visited often - away from hot spots such as health packs and objectives - and avoid leaving it around for its full lifetime. It may get to exist for fifteen seconds but keep in mind the longer you let it exist the more likely someone is going to find it.
- Have your Translocator ready when moving to use EMP; its AoE nature requires Sombra to try and stand within the centre of the enemy team, which is extremely dangerous and will require you to teleport out almost immediately.
Long before she took up the alias "Sombra," ░░░░░░ was among the thousands of children who were left orphaned in the aftermath of the Omnic Crisis For the graphic novel of the same name, see Overwatch: The Omnic Crisis Omnic Crisis Type Global human-omnic conflict Location Global Outcome Human victory The Omnic Crisis was a rebellion by the omnics against their . With much of Mexico Mexico Location North America Terrain Various Mexico is a North American country. Contents 1 History 2 Known Locations 2.1 Power Plants 3 Known Nationals 4 Trivia 5 References History edit | edit source] Mexico was `s infrastructure destroyed, she survived by utilizing her natural gifts with hacking and computers. She likewise proved adept at manipulating individuals to suit her own ends.
After ░░░░░░ was taken in by Mexico`s Los Muertos Los Muertos Headquarters Mexico Type Revolutionaries/Criminal organization Standing Active Los Muertos (lit. "The Dead") is a revolutionary/criminal group that operates in Mexico. Contents 1 Background 1.1 History 1.1.1 Dethroning the King Viper 2 Known Members gang, she aided it in its self-styled revolution against the government, performing hacks against said government on their behalf. Los Muertos believed that the rebuilding of Mexico had primarily benefited the rich and the influential, leaving behind those who were most in need of assistance. Commissioner Rivera Rivera Nationality Mexican Occupation Police commissioner Rivera was a police commissioner within Mexican law enforcement. He was visited by the girl who would one day be called Sombra, bringing him a basket of bread. This was one such example, when she brought him a basket of bread straight to his desk, which gave her the opportunity to access his computer. She came to realize that knowledge was power, and so, she kept hacking—politicians, corporations, governments, famous people; all were in her domain of inquiry. The retrieval of information became an addiction, and her hacks became more audacious over time. Following her many conquests, ░░░░░░ was supremely confident in her skills, but she was caught unprepared when she stumbled into the web of a global conspiracy—one that had also noticed her. With her security irreparably compromised, ░░░░░░ was forced to delete all traces of her identity and went into hiding.
░░░░░░ received a cybernetic graft and re-emerged as "Sombra." In her words, "the girl was gone." Determined to find out the truth behind the conspiracy she had uncovered to "find out who really runs the world," Sombra launched an even more audacious string of hacks, initiating a world-wide hacking spree, striking against corporations such as Lum⃩riCo and Volskaya Industries. Her exploits earned her no shortage of admirers, including Talon Talon Type Terrorist group Standing Active Talon is a terrorist organization. Contents 1 History 1.1 Early Actions 1.2 The Train Job 1.3 Recall 1.4 Alive 1.5 Ilios 1.6 Volskaya Industries 2 Known Members 3 Videos . She joined the organization`s ranks and is believed to have contributed to its massive cyber-attacks against corporations with strong ties to their governments.
Dethroning the King Viper
Now with Talon, Sombra worked with Los Muertos again, and was able to hack the website of Lum⃩riCo, posting claims that its CEO, Guillermo Portero, was plundering the riches of Mexico to fill his own purse, that he had corrupted the government, and wouldn`t stop until the entire country was under his control. Sombra was able to infiltrate Portero`s personal email, and use it without Portero knowing about the intrusion. She sent out an emailE-mail (electronic mail) is the exchange of computer-stored messages by telecommunication via Portero`s own webmail, promising to unveil his "dirty laundry" to the public. Sombra successfully released a number of internal documents to the public, catching the attention of both Mexican law enforcement and Atlas News. The documents indicated that Portero used the company`s funds as his own piggy bank, that he was personally involved in bribing public officials and creating a system of kickbacks and payoffs beneficial to Lum⃩riCo, and at long last, that he proposed a plan to seize privately held land via government expropriation to expand Lum⃩riCo`s facilities throughout Mexico. The emailsE-mail (electronic mail) is the exchange of computer-stored messages by telecommunication also showed that Lum⃩riCo was in conversations with the Vishkar Corporation, in regards to exporting its energy systems; a cause of concern given the company`s actions in Rio de Janeiro.
Law enforcement categorized the break-ins as a criminal action, and Atlas News reported on the "Sombra collective," mistaking ░░░░░░`s identity as a group, not an individual. Sombra claimed that she was "only acting the public interest." Her efforts incited a popular revolution in Mexico against Lum⃩riCo, and pro-Sombra grafitti was reported across the world. Less than a week after the leak, Portero stepped down as CEO. By this point, Sombra was already hacking the network of her next target—Volskaya Industries.
Attack on Volskaya
Sombra, with Widowmaker Widowmaker "One shot, one kill." Real Name Amélie Lacroix Age 33 Nationality French Occupation Assassin Base Annecy, France Affiliation Talon Relations Gérard Lacroix (husband, deceased) Voice Chloe Hollings (English and French) Francesca Perilli (Italian)Shizuka Itô and Reaper Reaper "Death walks among you." Real Name Gabriel Reyes Age Unknown Nationality American Occupation Mercenary Base Unknown Affiliation United States military (formerly)Overwatch (formerly)Various, including Talon (mercenary status) Voice Keith Ferguson (English) Jérémie Covillault (French)Oliviero Corbetta , infiltrated Volskaya Industries to assassinate it`s CEO, Katya Volskaya. Sombra deactivated the security alerts and turrets within the facility to allow Reaper and Widowmaker access. The mission appeared to go without a hitch, Widowmaker was unable to get a clear line of sight before the operation was interrupted by an alarm⃢₀ₔone that Sombra had set off herself. Widowmaker held the perimeter while Reaper cleared the ground floor, he was unable to get to Katya in the elevator and was forced to confront a mech as she fled to safety. Sombra gave chase, killing and incapacitating Volskaya guards, until she made it into Katya`s lock-downed office. While ostensibly there to kill the CEO, Sombra played a different game, revealing her intentions to be Katya`s "friend." A friend with benefits, for if Katya helped her out from time to time, she wouldn`t leak evidence that Katya had been receiving technology from omnics in order to help her country in the Second Omnic Crisis. Sombra also noted how exposure would affect "the future of Russia" while handing Katya the photo of her daughter from her desk, hinting at how the fallout of a scandal would impact her. As her security was nearly through with getting the door open, Katya agreed to the terms, and Sombra teleported out of the office, reporting to her comrades that the operation had failed. The Talon operatives returned to the ship, with only Sombra in good cheer.
Sombra spent Christmas drinking at the bar in Calaveras.
Sombra`s existence has been hinted at since early pre-beta builds of the game.
- The name Sombra first appeared during Ellohime`s pre-beta stream of Overwatch. While exploring Dorado, Ellohime discovered a table in the Lum⃩riCo power plant`s control room with three classified manila file folders labeled "SOMBRA CLASIFICADO," "SOLDADO: 76 CLASIFICADO," and "JACK MORRISON CLASIFICADO," along with photographs of Morrison before and after becoming Soldier: 76. These folders can still be seen in-game.
- Some newspapers on the ground in Dorado have an article featuring a silhouette in a hooded cloak, with the headline "₿Qui⃩n es `Sombra`?" ("Who is `Sombra`?"). This is actually an early version of Sombra`s design.
- Many terminals can been seen in the Lum⃩riCo power plant on Dorado. Some of the terminals that display "Niveles de Sincronizacin del Ncleo" ("Core Synchronization Levels") have blinking error messages which read, "ACCESSO NO AUTORIZADO: Protocolo Sombra" ("UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS: Sombra Protocol").
- Reaper sometimes says, "Where`s Sombra when you need her?" when he spawns on Dorado.
- In the comic Ana: Old Soldiers, while attempting to infiltrate Hakim`s compound in Egypt, Soldier: 76 overhears radio chatter between Reaper and Hakim coming from the earpiece of a fallen guard. The two briefly discuss intel regarding an incident involving Helix Security International. Reaper threatens that Sombra better be able to make use of it.
- On Aug. 30th, 2016, some newspapers in the Overwatch PTR were changed, replacing a headline about Roadhog with one about a "Global Hacking Spree." The newspapers were added to the live game on Sep. 1st.
- After the Sep. 1st patch, the Numbani news ticker was updated with the headline "Lum⃩riCo reports massive breach at Dorado power plant, latest attack in global hacking spree."
- With the Sep. 22nd PTR patch, several in-game references were changed or added.
- The terminals in the power plant were changed to display "ACCESSO NO AUTORIZADO: Protocolo Sombra V2.3". In addition, the terminal screen was added to a room in Volskaya Industries.
- Two of the Dorado newspapers, including the one with the Sombra article, had the headline "Ola Mundial de Hackeos" ("Global Hacking Spree") added.
- The newspaper from King`s Row was added to other maps, including Temple of Anubis, Hollywood, and in the MV-261 Orca on the Control maps.
|Hack 15 enemies without dying as Sombra in Quick or Competitive play.|
|Balance Patch History|
|Patch Version||Balance Changes|