- On Aug. 1, 2016, several Overwatch streamers and content creators received a package from Blizzard Entertainment Blizzard Entertainment is a video games development company based in Irvine, California. It is behind the development of Overwatch. Notable Members edit | edit source] See more: :Category: Staff Jeff Chamberlain (VFX supervisor) Michael Chu that contained promotional items for the event.
The Summer Games is an annual seasonal event Seasonal events are annual events in Overwatch. During events, a custom brawl is added to the Arcade, players can earn and buy special loot boxes and time-limited cosmetics are available. There are four annual Overwatch in Overwatch See the game. For the titular organization, see Overwatch (group). Overwatch Developer Blizzard Entertainment Team 4 1] Publisher Blizzard Entertainment Release date May 24, 2016 Platforms Xbox One, Playstation 4, Windowsis a separate viewing area on a computer display screen in a system that allows multiple viewing areas as part of a graphical user interface Overwatch . The event has special Loot Boxes Loot Boxes are a featureSpecial attraction of Overwatch. Contents 1 Overview 2 Contents 3 Prices 4 Seasonal Loot Boxes 5 References Overview edit | edit source] One Loot Box is received for every level gained. Additional , 112 exclusive cosmetics Cosmetics are items in Overwatch which allow players to customize their heroes and profiles. They do not affect gameplay. There are currently eight types of cosmetics: Player Icons, Skins, Emotes, Sprays, Voice Lines, Victory Poses, , and an exclusive brawl Weekly Brawl was a Play Mode in Overwatch. Weekly Brawl offered a game with new rules every week on Tuesday, in order to shake up gameplay. 1] Some example rules were not being able to , Lℂ⅟cioball. The first Summer Games event started on Aug. 2, 2016 and ended on Aug. 23, 2016.
- See more: Summer Games Cosmetics The Summer Games cosmetics are cosmetics that can only be unlocked from Summer Games Loot Boxes, available during the Summer Games. There are 112 Summer Games cosmetics. The Summer Games 2016 Player Icon and Summer
All Loot Boxes bought or earned during the event are Summer Games Loot Boxes, which are guaranteed to contain at least one Summer Games cosmetic. Summer Games cosmetics cannot be bought with credits Credits are one of the currencies in Overwatch. They can be used to buy skins, sprays, voice lines, emotes, victory poses and highlight intros. They can be found in Loot Boxes either directly, as an . Summer Games Loot Boxes which are opened after the event`s end will still contain Summer Games items.
The Summer Games cosmetics include:
- 40 player icons Player Icons are Rare cosmetics that are displayed next to a player s username and act as avatars. Player Icons can depict heroes, abilities, other Blizzard games, and more. Players start with two different versions of
- 22 hero-exclusive sprays This article is a stub. You can help Overwatch Wiki by expanding it. Sprays are Common cosmetics that players can place on surfaces within the game. Sprays will be erased if the player places their spray , and one general spray
- 22 voice lines
- 12 skins Skins are cosmetics that modify the appearance of the player s heroes, changing their outfit or color scheme. There are skins of every rarity, with the Common skin being the default, Rare skins being simple recolors,
- 9 victory poses This article is a stub. You can help Overwatch Wiki by expanding it. Victory Poses are poses that the players of the winning team present at the end of the match. Each hero has one basic
- 3 highlight intros Highlight intros are short cinematic animations of each hero that play before Play of the Game clips. Highlight intros are cosmetic items, and are unlocked by opening loot boxes or by purchasing them with credits.
- 3 emotes This article is a stub. You can help Overwatch Wiki by expanding it. Emotes are short animations of each hero that players can perform in-game. They are cosmetics and are unlocked through opening loot boxes or
- See more: Lcioball Lúcioball is a brawl exclusive to the Summer Games seasonal event. It is a fast-paced 3v3 match based on soccer. It uses a custom map, Estádio das Rãs. Each match of Lúcioball lasts four minutes.
Lcioball Lúcioball is a brawl exclusive to the Summer Games seasonal event. It is a fast-paced 3v3 match based on soccer. It uses a custom map, Estádio das Rãs. Each match of Lúcioball lasts four minutes. is a special brawl based on soccer, which takes place on Est⃡dio das R⃣s Estádio das Rãs Type Seasonal (Lúcioball) Location Brazil Terrain Football stadium Estádio das Rãs is a seasonal map in Overwatch. It is an enclosed soccer stadium used for matches of Lúcioball. Patch Notes History edit . There are two teams of three Lcios Lúcio "Come on, let s bring it together!" Real Name Lúcio Correia dos Santos Age 26 Nationality Brazilian Occupation DJ Freedom Fighter Base Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Affiliation None Voice Jonny Cruz 1] (English) Donald Reignoux , with a modified moveset. The objective is to knock the ball into the opposing team`s goal. The team with the most points when the timer runs out wins. Both the brawl and its map are exclusive to the Summer Games.