The Year of the Rooster is a seasonal event Seasonal events are annual events in Overwatch. During events, a custom brawl is added to the Arcade, players can earn and buy special loot boxes and time-limited cosmetics are available. There are four annual Overwatch in Overwatch See the game. For the titular organization, see Overwatch (group). Overwatch Developer Blizzard Entertainment Team 4 1] Publisher Blizzard Entertainment Release date May 24, 2016 Platforms Xbox One, Playstation 4, Windowsis a separate viewing area on a computer display screen in a system that allows multiple viewing areas as part of a graphical user interface Overwatch . This event featuresSpecial attraction 124 exclusive cosmetics Cosmetics are items in Overwatch which allow players to customize their heroes and profiles. They do not affect gameplay. There are currently eight types of cosmetics: Player Icons, Skins, Emotes, Sprays, Voice Lines, Victory Poses, , seasonal Loot Boxes Loot Boxes are a featureSpecial attraction of Overwatch. Contents 1 Overview 2 Contents 3 Prices 4 Seasonal Loot Boxes 5 References Overview edit | edit source] One Loot Box is received for every level gained. Additional , and an exclusive brawl This article is a stub. You can help Overwatch Wiki by expanding it. The Arcade is a play mode in Overwatch. It features a rotating variety of exclusive game modes, maps, and rulesets. Players can earn , Capture the Rooster Capture the Rooster is a 6v6 brawl exclusive to the Year of the Rooster seasonal event. It is a capture-the-flag fight that takes place on Lijiang Tower. Statistics edit | edit source] Players: 12 Maps: . It started on Jan. 24, 2017 and ended on Feb. 14, 2017.
During the event, Lijiang Tower This article is a stub. You can help Overwatch Wiki by expanding it. Lijiang Tower Type Control Location China Terrain City area Lijiang Tower is a Control map in Overwatch. Contents 1 Background 2 Gameplay 3 is redecorated with a Lunar New Year theme.
- See more: Year of the Rooster cosmetics The Year of the Rooster cosmetics are cosmetics that can only be unlocked from Lunar Loot Boxes, available during the Year of the Rooster. There are 124 Year of the Rooster cosmetics. The Year of
All loot boxes bought or earned during the event are Lunar Loot Boxes, which look like a red and gold crate filled with fireworks. Each Lunar Loot Box contains at least one Year of the Rooster cosmetic. Year of the Rooster cosmetics can also be unlocked with credits through the Hero Gallery while the event is running.
The Year of the Rooster cosmetics include:
- 46 hero-exclusive sprays This article is a stub. You can help Overwatch Wiki by expanding it. Sprays are Common cosmetics that players can place on surfaces within the game. Sprays will be erased if the player places their spray , and 6 general sprays
- 23 voice lines This article is a stub. You can help Overwatch Wiki by expanding it. Voice lines are Common cosmetics which allow heroes to say special quotes. Players can trigger their hero s voice line through the communication wheel.
- 7 victory poses This article is a stub. You can help Overwatch Wiki by expanding it. Victory Poses are poses that the players of the winning team present at the end of the match. Each hero has one basic
- 23 player icons Player Icons are Rare cosmetics that are displayed next to a player s username and act as avatars. Player Icons can depict heroes, abilities, other Blizzard games, and more. Players start with two different versions of
- 13 skins Skins are cosmetics that modify the appearance of the player s heroes, changing their outfit or color scheme. There are skins of every rarity, with the Common skin being the default, Rare skins being simple recolors,
- 3 highlight intros Highlight intros are short cinematic animations of each hero that play before Play of the Game clips. Highlight intros are cosmetic items, and are unlocked by opening loot boxes or by purchasing them with credits.
- 3 emotes This article is a stub. You can help Overwatch Wiki by expanding it. Emotes are short animations of each hero that players can perform in-game. They are cosmetics and are unlocked through opening loot boxes or
Capture the Rooster
- See more: Capture the Rooster Capture the Rooster is a 6v6 brawl exclusive to the Year of the Rooster seasonal event. It is a capture-the-flag fight that takes place on Lijiang Tower. Statistics edit | edit source] Players: 12 Maps:
The event brawl takes place on Lijiang Tower. Each team`s objective is to capture the opposing team`s flag.